|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 3, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Castleton Commodities International, LLC, a leading Merchant Commodity Trading and Investment Firm located in downtown Houston, is hiring a Production Engineer to support the Upstream business. CCI currently operates 1,200 wells in East Texas, the Paradox Basin and the Black Warrior Basin. CCI will become the fifth largest producer in East Texas after closing a deal in November to acquire an additional 1,300 operated wells. This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of wells, including monitoring of well performance, planning, and supervising workover operations to maximize recovery and optimizing artificial-lift and pipe flow systems. Additionally this position is responsible for the design and implementation of well completions and subsurface and surface production facilities. This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced and best in class team and be involved in a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial upstream business that offers employees significant opportunities for career advancement.
Monitor production operations, costs, and profitability. Study area for additional development drilling/recompletion/workover prospects.
- Monitor operating expenses with field superintendent to identify and control high cost areas to maintain lifting cost at the lowest possible level.
- Prepare annual volume and expense budgets.
- Prepare AFE’s and procedures for new well completions as well as remedial well work.
- Design and implement facility and well workover plans and procedures.
- Review all expenditures for properties within a specified area.
- Analyze production problems and direct actions to be taken.
- Equipment selection for wells; surface and downhole.
- Assure compliance with governmental requirements and company policies.
- Monitor well tests and production volumes to maintain and improve production
- Develop behind pipe reserves.
- Be proficient in artificial lift and be able to implement cost effective artificial lift mechanisms.
- Interact daily with Production foremen, pumpers, service companies, landowners, and regulatory agency personnel.
- Work well within team environment in office and field.
- Work closely with land group to ensure that all land obligations are met.
- Occasional travel and work extended hours on short notice.
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the oil and gas production practices.
- Experience in the following areas: oil and gas production operations, workover/recompletions, surface facilities, new well completions and operating expense evaluation.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient computer skills
- Capable of working effectively and willingly in a team environment.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record in EHS activities
- Completion design and implementation in conventional and unconventional assets, with an emphasis in horizontal wells.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Some drilling experience on horizontal wells in conventional and unconventional assets.
- Overall operations experience with SWD wells, facilities, and pipeline operations.