|Location||Texas, United States|
|Date Posted||August 9, 2016|
Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Production Assistance with our Chemical Manufacturing Facility located in La Porte, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
• Maintain protection of the environmental and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
• Provide attention to detail and dedication to work in order to ensure reliability of the work site as high quality product.
• Ensure that yourself and others are respected, supported and encouraged to grow and succeed in their job.
• Support all safety and environmental programs, and Responsible Care guiding principles to ensure the facilities operate in a manner that protects the environmental and the health and safety of our employees and myself and the public.
• Provide railcar reports for La Porte and enter in SAP system for billing all Cl2 Shipments. Work closely with Dallas Customer Service to maintain inventories and railcar shipments to customers in a timely manner.
• Maintain daily Cl2 cars and work closely with Revalve and Marshalling Yard to make sure cars are shipped when needed.
• Maintain MOC’s and the HO MOC’s and Near Miss reports and files as required for the support of Battleground Plant. Maintain scanned electronic copies of MOC Databases.
• Keep the Battleground Plant Improvement List up to date and manage action items from the list.
• Keep the Battleground Plant Pay Meters and work with the Accounting Department with Audit.
• Keep the Battleground GATE Activity Files updated.
• Provide clerical support for the C/A Production Department, Support staff including Operators, Process Supervisors, Shift Supervisors, Superintendents, Process Engineers, Production Managers, Maintenance Manager, Safety Engineer, Corp. Engineering and their Contractor Personnel and Guards.
• Maintain electronic copies of production log sheets as required.
• Maintain JO’s for the Operations Area.
• Maintain Planned House Keeping Inspection records in the database.
• Order office supplies as needed for the Operations Control Rooms and Operations building and reconcile monthly statements.
• Contact person for the Xerox Copier and Fax machines for the Operations Building, DCS and Cogen area.
• Contact person for lunches ordered for the Operations Department and for various other departments when needed. Responsible for making sure lunches are at correct site, setting up and reconcile monthly statements in database.
• Provide vacation coverage for other production reports.
• Coordinate meetings, conference room, etc. for C/A Production Department.
• Order Warehouse supplies from stores needed for all control rooms at the Battleground Plant (Safety equipment, permits, tags, locks, respirators, glasses, gloves, etc. etc.)
• Support the Process Safety and Risk management goals and objectives. Participate in site-wide Process Safety and Risk Reduction activity as requested. Look for opportunities to be the “Fresh Set of Eyes” in the area.
• Perform other job duties as requested.
• High School diploma or completed GED
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
• Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications; strong computer skills
• Good working knowledge of SAP.
• Physical Requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Individual with Disability / Veteran Status
- United States-Texas-LaPorte