|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 22, 2018|
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides innovative drilling technology, directional drilling operations and drilling instrumentation and software. Through its various subsidiaries, Nabors manufactures and sells top drives, catwalks, wrenches, drawworks and other drilling related equipment which are installed on both onshore and offshore drilling rigs.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Product Support Engineer.
Reporting directly to the Manager Drilling Systems, the US Product Support Engineer will conduct failure/root cause analysis on DRILLLING SYSTEMS product lines and coordinate/integrate into the repair and maintenance operations all existing and new technology, process controls, testing, and sustaining improvements for DRILLLING SYSTEMS.
• Prepare technical failure reports to include root cause analysis, operational/applications analysis on existing and new products, and report findings through the Ryan SQI Tracking System
• Prepare motor and Drilling Systems failure and incident tracking statistics as well as MTBF and MFBF statistics for upper management reviews
• Ensure that the disassembly, inspection, and assembly procedures are being adhered to for R&M product lines per the Quality Management Systems procedures
• Assist in tool and process improvement/enhancements and evaluate the field performance of prototype and existing or modified products when required
• Design and perform tests and experiments to enhance and understand tool performance when required and provide detailed technical reports intended for internal or external distribution
• Assure compliance with ISO 9001 requirements
• Supervise and assign daily tasks to the QA technicians as needed on a regular basis
• Perform other duties as assigned by management
• Bachelor degree in Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of industry related experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Field experience preferred
• Previous experience with QA/QC processes and management is a plus
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of situations and personalities.
• Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks and meet assigned deadlines.
• Includes manual effort and performance of repetitive tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work in an office and warehouse environment.
• Willing to work overtime and on-call when required.