|Location||Fort McMurray, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 5, 2018|
As a Process Engineer – Bitumen Production you will be responsible for providing process guidance to the Production and Operations groups, as well as Facilities Engineering, regarding plant improvements and process optimization; focusing on continuous improvement.
This position is based at our Horizon Oil Sands site in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Edmonton, Calgary, or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• In collaboration with the operations and process leadership teams, assisting in plant performance optimization and troubleshooting following sound engineering principles and practices
• In the event that established operating guidelines fail to produce results aligned with business unit goals in terms of cost, quality or efficiency, work with value stream leadership to generate solutions by:
•Setting up test plans following LSS methodology and in alignment with engineering principles to systematically evaluate impact of all critical parameters that could lead to improved performance
•Validating measurement systems
•Coordinating safe execution of approved test plans with buy in from operations and other stakeholders
•Analyzing results of completed tests and communicating results to all stakeholders
•Creating, updating and championing implementation of control plans to ensure desired performance is sustained long term
• Champion the Management of Change process to implement any modifications to existing plant design, control philosophy or operating practices in order to improve performance objectives
• Create and manage templates using available process software
• Collaborate with unit owners to coordinate maintenance activities on process equipment as per unit historical performance records during a turnaround, shut down or as required
• Assisting maintenance, reliability and asset integrity to collect and interpret process information
• Supporting operations in reviewing operating procedures and isolations
• Providing assistance in commissioning of new systems as they are turned over to operations
• Participating in walk-downs following construction or modification of plant systems to identify and deficiencies from design
• Conducting vessel inspections during turn around or as required to ensure vessel condition allows operation as per design
• Conducting case study process calculations and simulations to predict performance outside of regular operating window
• Creating or modifying process reports, drawings, or other documents
• Five years of related industry experience as process, production or plant engineer
• BSc or MSc degree in Chemical Engineering
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate complex concepts to audience with varied levels of technical background
• Experience with process simulation tools such as AFT Fathom and SRC PipeFlow. Familiarity with HYSYS is an asset
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite
• Familiarity with process historian software such as PI is an asset
• Class 5 driver’s license and capable of driving F150 trucks or other vehicles of similar size
To see related Chemical and Process Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Chemical-and-Process
Our Horizon Oil Sands Mining Operations
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
ABOUT CANADIAN NATURAL
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.