|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 31, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Job Status: Contract (6 – 12 Months)
Open To: EU Nationals
Job Overview: Our client is tendering for an opportunity for a Principle Reservoir Engineer to be based in Budapest for a 6-12 month contract. The Principal Reservoir Engineer is expected to be a technical leader in analytical RE tasks and dynamic reservoir modelling. You will be a fully independent contributor to projects, and have the technical and communication skills to interface directly with internal and external stakeholders as a technical representative of the company. You will be responsible for building dynamic reservoir models for existing mature Russian assets and providing Reservoir Engineering support to 3rd parties. The aim of this role is to provide conceptual redevelopment studies, additional infill well assessments/proposals, and all dynamic modelling content sections of a new Field Development Plan with delivery by year-end 2016. There will be occasional travel to CIS.
Responsibilities: The role encompasses many responsibilities including:
- Support the Subsurface study teams, and deliver Reservoir Engineering solutions to the Company
- Assist in leading Reservoir Engineering activities for the CIS region (primarily Russia)
- Attend occasional Technical Committee Meeting with Partners, as well as, JV OpCos, 3rd party Russian design institutes, and Russian state authorities
- Provide occasional support for Business Development assessments
- Support field development studies including pre-simulation studies, dynamic reservoir model builds (both material balance and 3D), concepts (well counts, spacing, etc.) and production forecasting and planning
- Assist in drafting subsurface sections of Field Development Plans (FDPs)
- Support the Geological Team with static model builds, as necessary
- Provide occasional well test plans, ops office support, and well test analyses for Exploration & Appraisal wells
- Assist in leading yearly internal reserve assessments & PRMS including coordination of the process with the CIS business units
- Mentor junior staff, and assist in assuring Reservoir Engineering excellence and best practices
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- An Engineering related degree essential. A Masters or Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering
- A minimum of 15 years oil and gas Industry experience
- A proven broad background in Reservoir Engineering essential including field development plans, stage gate processes and reserve management.
- Previous analytical Reservoir Engineering skills.
- Experience with mature/late life field redevelopment highly desired.
- Knowledge of Production Technology, including artificial lift
- Previous experience working within the CIS highly
- Highly analytical – the ability to resolve complex problems and to recommend solutions essential.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Familiarity with reservoir engineering software essential (e.g. Eclipse, Petrel RE, Kappa Suite, Petroleum Experts suite).
- Previous experience mentoring junior Engineers.
- Excellent communication skills – can convey technical argument.
- Fluent in English essential, Russian
- Highly flexible – ability to adapt to new project challenges and work practices.
Package: A Contract Day Rate of circa £700 dependant on Skills and Experience.
Applications for this job accepted via www.working-smart.co.uk. To apply go to the Web Site, Select ‘Candidates’ and ‘Review Jobs’. Please ensure you upload a current copy of your CV. We advise that you include a Cover Note in support of your application, including your day rate expectation and availability.
Copyright © Working Smart 2016
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, WSL will take legal action.
Working Smart Ltd., International Petroleum Consultancy
Lynton House, Station Approach, Woking Surrey, GU22 7PY
Tel: +44 (0) 1483 721794 Fax: +44 (01483) 728833