|Date Posted||August 4, 2016|
The Principal Reservoir Engineer works within the Reservoir Management function to deliver excellent technical work and drive business growth through the application of specialist expertise. As the senior member of the team, the Principal Reservoir Engineer will be accountable for the management and delivery of reservoir dynamic studies, whilst coaching and mentoring the junior members within the team.
The role is based in Perth and is a permanent position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality results which impact business decisions across the organisation
- Provide technical value to other functional disciplines to support the delivery of business results
- Remain current in the application of latest proven technologies and methods of reservoir analyses
- Influence the introduction of new technology into the company which have a significant impact on the business
- Act as a Discipline/Functional assurer for major projects
- Encourage technical challenges during presentations and respond to these challenges positively
- Communicate effectively across organisational boundaries and with external stakeholders including regulators
- Use your experience to balance the risks and apply judgement in increasingly complex situations
Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate (BSc/MSc/MEng/BEng) or post-graduate (PhD) degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline
- Significant and demonstrable experience as a Principal Reservoir Engineer
- Ability to coordinate across a multidisciplinary team in a reservoir engineering discipline
- National and International experience within a specific area of the Reservoir engineering discipline (eg PVT, Material Balance Modelling, numerical simulation, field drainage planning)
- Display an excellent ability to influence all levels of management including joint venture partners and senior leaders
- Ability to provide technical coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Strong analytical skills, regularly solving complex problems independently
- Demonstrated success in handling uncertainty to define value appropriately and make informed recommendations and/or decisions
Recognition & Reward:
A career with Woodside is rewarding both personally and professionally. We offer:
- Opportunities to undertake interesting work on world-class projects
- Career development through professional development programs and by working alongside industry leaders
- Financial rewards that are linked to performance through an annual bonus and share plans for permanent employees.
- Above industry superannuation contributions
Woodside aspires to be an industry leader in diversity.