|Date Posted||November 28, 2016|
Are you a highly skilled Principal Reservoir Engineer with significant Oil & Gas? Our client is a major Oil & Gas Operator who are looking for a driven, independent & enthusiastic Materials Buyer. They offer outstanding compensation packages, a collaborative work environment and a balanced work-life company culture. Permanent position based in Perth.
Our client is currently looking for a Principal Reservoir Engineer to provide technical reservoir engineering support to development, planning, simulation model construction and other reservoir modelling activities. This Perth based role is to be offered on a staff basis.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with INPEX company policies and procedures. Ensuring the welfare of personnel and the protection of assets and the environment at all times;
- Perform field development studies. Construct, manage and update reservoir simulation models as needed for use in field development studies and for projection of reservoir production profiles;
- Analyze reservoir engineering data and incorporate results into modelling studies including special core analysis, fluid analysis (PVT/EoS), well test analysis and interference test analysis;
- Estimate the uncertainty range of production profiles based on geological & reservoir uncertainties;
- Provide reservoir engineering support during development drilling planning/operations, including well planning, formation evaluation, well clean-up, production testing, and well performance evaluation;
- Build integrated study plans based on development execution deadlines;
- Act as a mentor to less experienced reservoir engineering personnel.
- Tertiary degree qualified in relevant discipline (Masters of Petroleum Engineering preferred);
- Extensive reservoir/petroleum engineering experience, including;
- Numerical simulation and modelling of reservoirs (ECLIPSE suite of software);
- Field development planning;
- Well planning – data acquisition, contingency planning, input to well/completion design, multi-disciplinary team work;
- Production experience – production management/optimization, well performance analysis;
- Hydraulic modelling & nodal analysis (PROSPER software preferred);
- Well test and interference test analysis (SAPHIR software preferred);
- Experience of interfacing with geoscience and well construction personnel during the operational phase of development drilling campaigns;
- Analytical & methodical approach to technical tasks and a strong problem solver;
- Familiarity with all subsurface disciplines including geology, geophysics and well construction.
What we offer
With over 100 offices in 42 countries we are proud to offer this exciting career opportunity with an industry leader.
As a Principal Reservoir Engineer seconded by Brunel, it means you are employed by us & guided in this process by a dedicated Account Manager.
In addition to your salary that is always paid on time, we also offer excellent benefits, such as favourable super fund etc.
At Brunel, you are securing not only a contract but also your career.
We provide the tools for success; world class training and advanced technology to ensure you succeed within Brunel.
In addition, Brunel also provides excellent upward and international mobility worldwide.
One of the leading Operators in the industry and among the most respected in the world. Committed to innovation, they truly are a major global player with a huge presence in Australia. An Industry leader responsible for developing some of the worlds largest & most complex projects globally. With a reputation for employing the best candidates on the market & retaining solid performers, this is a company that offer outstanding compensation packages, a collaborative work environment and a balanced work-life culture.