|Date Posted||November 28, 2016|
INPEX CORPORATION is a global oil and gas exploration and production company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Involved in more than 70 projects across nearly 30 countries, INPEX is ranked among the world’s top global energy companies and is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Present in Australia since 1986, INPEX Australia has worked hard to earn its place as a leading local explorer and producer of oil and natural gas.
Headquartered in Perth with offices in Darwin, INPEX Australia is active in the Timor Sea and the Carnarvon, Browse and Bonaparte basins. We are pursuing opportunities to further expand our presence in Australia.
INPEX Australia’s portfolio includes the flagship Ichthys LNG Project and participating interests in the Bayu-Undan/Darwin LNG, Prelude FLNG and Van Gogh projects and the development of the Ravensworth, Coniston and Kitan oil fields.
INPEX is currently looking for a Principal Reservoir Engineer to provide technical reservoir engineering support to Ichthys development, planning, simulation model construction and other reservoir modelling activities. This Perth based role is to be offered on a staff basis.
Your primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with INPEX company policies and procedures. Ensuring the welfare of personnel and the protection of assets and the environment at all times.
- Perform field development studies. Construct, manage and update reservoir simulation models as needed for use in field development studies and for projection of reservoir production profiles
- Analyze reservoir engineering data and incorporate results into modelling studies including special core analysis, fluid analysis (PVT/EoS), well test analysis and interference test analysis
- Estimate the uncertainty range of production profiles based on geological & reservoir uncertainties
- Provide reservoir engineering support during development drilling planning/operations, including well planning, formation evaluation, well clean-up, production testing, and well performance evaluation.
- Build integrated study plans based on development execution deadlines
- Act as a mentor to less experienced reservoir engineering personnel.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary degree qualified in relevant discipline (Masters of Petroleum Engineering preferred)
- Extensive reservoir/petroleum engineering experience, including:
- Numerical simulation and modelling of reservoirs (ECLIPSE suite of software)
- Field development planning.
- Well planning – data acquisition, contingency planning, input to well/completion design, multi-disciplinary team work.
- Production experience – production management/optimization, well performance analysis.
- Hydraulic modelling & nodal analysis (PROSPER software preferred).
- Well test and interference test analysis (SAPHIR software preferred).
- Experience of interfacing with geoscience and well construction personnel during the operational phase of development drilling campaigns.
- Analytical & methodical approach to technical tasks and a strong problem solver.
- Familiarity with all subsurface disciplines including geology, geophysics and well construction.
- Good data management skills.
- Strong inter-personal, written & presentation skills.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills