|Date Posted||May 25, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Job Purpose/ Key Objectives:
- The Principal Reservoir Engineer will support the company’s growth aspirations through the maturation of assets in the most technically feasible and economic way.
- The jobholder will lead the reservoir engineering team.
- Provide discipline leadership to Company’s reservoir engineering team.
- Manage, maintain and analyze large amount of data.
- Work in integrated team to analyze, plan and implement reservoir development projects.
- Develop short, medium and long term production forecast.
- Coordinate and ensure effective evaluation of production and pressure data of existing wells with emphasis on deliverability prediction for economic modeling.
- Spearhead the field development planning (FDP) and field reviews.
- Execute projects successfully from appraisal stage through development and to production.
- Coordinate the evaluation and maturation of drill ready prospects including peer assists/reviews at critical stages working with relevant interfaces.
- Liaise with Well Engineers, Production Technologists, Asset Development teams, Operators and other technical personnel to maximize economic production.
- Provide reservoir engineering data to the Commercial team working on regional play based evaluations.
- Ensure integration of subsurface and surface parameters in dynamic reservoir analysis and to coach less-experienced Reservoir Engineers.
- Plans & delivers projects in line with business priorities and plan, within allocated budget and in accordance with accountabilities defined in the opportunity maturation process.
- Ensures lifecycle value is maintained by managing effective interfaces with producing assets and development teams.
- Assist with internal and SEC reserves reporting on annual basis.
- Assist in assessing risk and uncertainties in capital projects.
- Assist in evaluating acquisition opportunities.
- Pro-actively contribute to Safety, Health, Environment and Security (“SHES”) performance and managing non-technical risks within the company.
- Responsible for deploying Reservoir Engineering technologies with requisite budgetary responsibilities as delegated from Technical leadership.
- Make presentation to senior management and JV partners as may be required.
- Coaching and mentoring skills of Reservoir Engineers.
- Discipline Team lead role as may be required
Job Knowledge, Skills & Educational Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 15 years in Reservoir Engineering or related discipline, which should include at least 4 years in a lead or managerial technical role.
- Candidate must have previous experience in Wet Gas Modeling, Development, Well and Reservoir Management.
- Candidate must have worked on or led projects which involved Gas assets.
- Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of reservoir engineering concepts and processes; including volumetric determination; rock and fluid properties; performance monitoring/improvement; reserves estimation and asset/field development planning.
- Data interpretation, storage and management skills.
- Candidate should be able to work independently.
- Working knowledge of Material Balance, OFM, Well testing, PVT and Numerical simulation Software expertise
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team focused skills.
- Result oriented, decisive and self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of field development planning (FDP) and field reviews.
- Candidate must have well developed inter-personal skills and above all must be a team player, capable of drawing together a diverse group of individuals from different cultural backgrounds and a proven track record for generating opportunities and delivering business results.
- Clear and effective decision making is required.
- Personal Attributes
- Strong drive for continuous performance improvement.
- Flexible, reliable, self-motivated and dedicated team player.
- Intense drive for excellence.
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
- Proven team leader.
- Open to views and guidance from colleagues.
- Extreme drive for professional and career development.
- Other Requirements
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally across various Company locations on Company business.
N/B: Do not contact the advertiser of this job opening directly. Any candidate who contacts the advertiser will be automatically disqualified.