|Location||United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||October 25, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||20|
Principal Researcher (Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR))
Reservoir engineering professionals with 20+ years of experience who are seeking a new opportunity are encouraged to apply for a senior role with an established leading Middle East based National Oil Company where the job holder will be responsible for designing and implementing a portfolio of “EOR”, selecting company “Researchers” to work on “EOR” research portfolio, managing execution of research projects, Oversees the development of an advanced Subsurface R&D team in Carbonate EOR and seamless integration with other R&D categories
- Responsible for designing and implementing a portfolio of “EOR” sponsored research performed externally and jointly with world class academic institutions to fulfill company business driven applied R&D mission.
- Responsible for selecting company “Researchers” to work on “EOR” research portfolio and co-supervising the research activities and progress of the company researchers toward fulfilling their graduate studies requirements. The EOR focus will be on non-HC miscible, smart water, carbonated water and surfactant/polymer systems.
- Responsible for managing execution of research projects with the partner universities including issuance of quarterly and annual reports and organizing 2 yearly technical meetings in company.
- Responsible for identifying and nominating UAE talent who are capable and willing to acquire higher education (PhD) with the specified International Institutions. Also, mutually supervise these UAE talents during their education abroad and ensure follow-up of their studies.
- Oversees the development of an advanced Subsurface R&D team in Carbonate EOR and seamless integration with other R&D categories (Rock Characterization, Fracture Characterization and Reservoir Simulation/Modeling Framework).
- Ph.D. in Engineering or Geo-Science.
- 20-25 years of experience working on applied and fundamental R&D relevant to EOR for Oil and Gas Industry, Petroleum Engineering and/or Chemical Engineering and/or research organization affiliated with the oil and gas industry.
- Has worked extensively in EOR laboratories (advanced SCAL, rock and fluid characterization), EOR modeling and EOR pilot and field projects.
- 3-5 years in a managerial role overseeing locally and externally sponsored research.