|Location||Wellington, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||May 19, 2016|
Principal Production Geologist OR Principal Reservoir Engineer - Petroleum
Principal Production Geologist or Reservoir Engineer - Petroleum
- Petroleum development/production role within New Zealand government
- Use your production geology and/or reservoir engineering experience to ensure royalties from New Zealand’s oil and gas fields are maximised
- Help shape New Zealand’s petroleum sector to support future growth
- Wellington based
Why work for us?
This is a great opportunity to use your petroleum sector experience to lead work programmes that create value for New Zealand and promote growth in New Zealand’s petroleum sector. You will have the opportunity learn about the mechanics of government while developing a sound understanding of New Zealand’s petroleum sector.
About the role.
You will play an influential role in the team responsible for ensuring petroleum resources are allocated efficiently and managed in a way that maximises value for New Zealand.
You will provide operational leadership, overseeing the evaluation of activities associated with petroleum mining permits and applications for a range of activities such as transfers of ownership, applications for new petroleum mining permits, royalty audits, and the development of new production data management systems. In addition you will use your sector experience to support well informed policy advice on operational matters such as offshore decommissioning and well abandonment.
This is a fulltime role within the Petroleum Team in the Energy and Resources Branch at the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (MBIE).
Skills and experience required:
- Desire to see New Zealand’s petroleum sector succeed and grow
- Proven technical, commercial and/or regulatory experience in the upstream petroleum sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated planning, project management and analytical skills
- Ability to build constructive working relationships across government and industry
- Demonstrated ability to work across multidisciplinary teams e.g. technical, commercial, legal, policy and external stakeholders
- Desire to work on a range of complex/ambiguous technical, commercial, regulatory issues in pursuit of positive long-term outcomes
- Willingness to upskill/mentor junior team members
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
The purpose of MBIE is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Karen Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1218743 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 6 June 2016