|Date Posted||November 3, 2016|
- Enjoy unique exposure across the Origin business and the APLNG project
- Fantastic leadership pathway in Petroleum Engineering
- Principal Opportunity
- Location: Brisbane, QLD
- Application close date: 18th November 2016
ORIGIN – AUSTRALIA’S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia’s energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
With operations and explorations assets in Australia and New Zealand we’re continuing to invest in gas and condensate exploration and production onshore and offshore. Origin is searching for tomorrow’s energy solutions, today.
This is a unique opportunity to join Origin's Development - Exploration and Appraisal team which forms part of our wider Integrated Gas division. Based in Brisbane, you will provide reservoir engineering input and leadership into acreage feasibility assessments, as well as execution and operation of exploration and appraisal projects. Our Principals display exceptional technical leadership outside the direct team, influencing wider subsurface decision-making and capability development.
Reporting to the Group Manager Explorations and Appraisal (APLNG), your key accountabilities as a Principal Petroleum Engineer will include:
- Provide technical leadership and reservoir engineering input into E&A strategy updates
- Provide technical leadership and dynamic reservoir modelling input in acreage feasibility assessments
- Provide leadership in framing exploration and appraisal projects
- Provide leadership and technical leadership in maximising the value of on-going exploration and appraisal pilots
- Provide reservoir engineering leadership supporting integrated gas decision-making and staff development
- Provide technical leadership in the identification of new technology opportunities
Is This You?
To succeed in this role you will possess excellent analytical skills coupled with an ability to work independently and support multi-disciplinary teams. Your excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders will allow you to influence and achieve technical outcomes across the business. It follows that you will be a strong communicator both orally and in writing, enabling you to liaise effectively with all levels of management and external parties as required.
You will be tertiary qualified with a relevant Engineering degree and experience using 3D Simulation.
Experience in developing, mentoring and leading Reservoir Engineering teams in coal seam gas will be considered advantageous, as will a sound knowledge of exploration and appraisal fundamentals.
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.