|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||April 21, 2017|
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role:
A highly motivated and collaborative Principle III Reservoir Engineer is needed to provide technical leadership across the Gulf of Mexico assets including Atlantis, Shenzi, Mad Dog, and Neptune. The asset base offers a mix of near-field exploration, development projects and producing assets. The candidate will be instrumental in ensuring delivery of positive business outcomes for both the operated and non-operated assets in the GOM. The candidate will be a subject matter expert in deepwater development planning and forecasting with specific expertise in reservoir characterization and simulation.
This position is a grade 13 role.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical leadership with input to work plans, priorities, and analyses, through engagement with individual contributors and managers across all GOM assets (this will include attending team meeting’s, technical workshops and TCM’s). Interact with CE to build strong relationships and help ensure buy-in to work plans and assurance processes. Develop deep understanding of BHP Billiton guidelines, procedures, and best practices for discipline and ensure these are understood and used appropriately for work across the GOM.
- Ensure efforts are integrated with other key disciplines, with emphasis on integration with geoscience and production engineering. Deliver key pieces of technical work. Also, deliver through others by providing timely and relevant guidance.
- Leader in identifying and acting on continuous improvement opportunities. Share best practices, identify and leverage synergies across the fields, and identify and mature targeted technologies to maximize value.
- Mentoring of engineers and focused efforts on building capability to deliver strong performance across deepwater exploration, development and production.
- Provide input into employee development plans.
- High standards of integrity; treats everyone fairly and with respect. Role model for Our Values and adheres to the BHP Billiton Charter.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of reservoir engineering concepts and principles with extensive experience and expertise in reservoir simulation. Broad knowledge of interrelated disciplines and excellent collaboration skills working across disciplines.
- In-depth understanding of multiple GOM assets and how they contribute to Petroleum’s business impact and good commercial awareness, allowing the candidate to prioritize work that impacts the business.
- Allocate and coordinate work within assigned teams by providing guidance and advice to the team while coordinating advice with Managers. Be willing to help, as needed by providing guidance by example, when faced with particularly complex issues.
- Ability to evaluate soundness of plans and conclusions, while using multiple sources of information (i.e. geologic context, rock characterization, fluid characterization, drilling and completion plans, and economic principles), procedures and practices. Must be able to filter, prioritize, analyze, and validate potentially complex and dynamic material.
- Ability to provide direct impact by influencing decisions through advice and counsel in relation to Reservoir Engineering across the GOM assets and more broadly across Conventional/Exploration. This role will contribute to technical direction and strategic decisions for their discipline across the GOM assets.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills required to guide, influence, and persuade others, internally across teams and multiple disciplines and externally with JV partners.
- Demonstrated strong mentoring and coaching skills are absolutely essential for success.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS