|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||April 6, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Purpose:The main purpose of this job is to assure the petroleum system technical quality of E&A opportunities at BHP Billiton. The secondary purpose would be to assure petroleum system technical quality of D&P of conventional and unconventional opportunities at BHP Billiton as required. The tertiary purpose would be to assure the basin model construct of Pore Pressure Prediction models.
- Lead and represent the Exploration and Appraisal assurance team as the responsible person for Petroleum Systems assurance.
- Provide expert Petroleum Systems advice to technical and business support teams.
- Identify, create, socialize and train best practice Petroleum Systems techniques.
- Identify skill and technological gaps in our Petroleum System workflows and recommend solutions.
- Align and contribute with D&P assurance and the Petroleum Systems Community of Excellence.
- On occasion, lead special projects in Petroleum Systems initiatives.
- Liaison on fluids and pressure data and interpretation with Central Engineering
- Subject Matter Expert consultation on Petroleum Systems and Geochemistry across the value chain and Coal.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies:
- Lead Our Charter Values in Action- Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance and Accountability.
- Be authentic , credible and inclusive
- Actively listen and ask for feedback
- Care, value and hear our employees
- Communicate effectively
- Collaborate and encourage collaboration
- Encourage debate and possibilities
- Lead Change
- Develop and communicate a vision for the future
- Anticipate future needs and sustainable solutions
- Provide context for change
- Proactively identify & overcome barriers, simplify
- Build personal and team resilience
- Inspire and challenge employees to continually improve
- Provide regular open, honest & constructive feedback
- Create an agile learning environment
- Teach don't tell
- Foster personal and other's growth
- Mindfulness of Inclusion and diversity in all leadership dimensions
Qualifications:PhD or MSc Degree in Geology or Geochemistry
Experience & Technical Competencies: A minimum of 15-20 years in Exploration, Appraisal and Production Business is strongly preferred.
Core competencies will include:
- Expert level understanding of Petroleum Systems
- Understanding of Exploration Opportunity creation and assessment
- An understanding of acquisition, processing and analysis of geochemical data
- Geological integration of geochemical, fluid, pressure data in basin models
- Volumetric assessment
- Risk and Uncertainty assessment
- Probabilistic Theory
- Ability to critique interpretations and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across functions and businesses
- Teaching and Coaching ability
At BHP Billiton, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. We offer a diverse and challenging environment with great learning and career opportunities for people who share our values. BHP Billiton's Petroleum business has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in countries around the globe, including significant positions in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, onshore U.S., Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS