|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 6, 2017|
Principal I - Reservoir Engineer - GOM Appraisal
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
A highly motivated reservoir engineer is needed to support our Exploration and Appraisal activities in the Gulf of Mexico (GOM) Appraisal Team through planning appraisal activities, evaluating all available data, and assessing development options for each prospect. The GOM Appraisal Team is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for evaluating exploration discoveries, well planning activities, and well operations for our operated prospects Wildling and Scimitar, and the non-operated prospect Puma.
This is a grade 11 role.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to value optimization and opportunity capture through appraisal planning, refining development plans, well location selection, and water injection requirements, with a recognition of uncertainty in exploration and appraisal
- Represent reservoir engineering in multi discipline groups to impact field development plans, design basis and operations, and make technical and economic recommendations
- Contribute to planning and executing appraisal activities, including well operations support
- Perform analysis of pressure data, fluid data quality, and assessment of fluid system. Lead connectivity analysis, while integrating all relevant data
- Conduct and participate in internal technical assurance reviews and complete documentation
- Perform uncertainty analysis and generate mid, low and high forecasts with appropriate tools and work with closely with economist on all valuations
- Lead value of information framing and analysis.
- When required, build simulation models and generate production forecasts
- Update hydrocarbon reserves and resources as needed
- Plan special core analysis tests on conventional cores and evaluate results
- Utilize relevant analogues to estimate properties and production performance.
- Present clear and concise summaries to internal and external stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter Values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
- Strong integrator of information and analysis within teams, and across functions. Collaborating with geoscientists, petrophysicists, drilling engineers, projects and project services, production engineers, economists, finance and planners.
- Strong reservoir engineering skill set with a good understanding of reservoir management, well operations, and geology to help optimize production and value. Practical application of reservoir engineering skill set born of experience from working on deepwater assets in asset teams.
- Applies knowledge and experience to solve issues and make sound recommendations informed by data while recognizing uncertainty.
- Acts with a personal sense of urgency to achieve high quality results within set time frames.
- Ability to communicate clearly with well-crafted and documented technical presentations/ interpretations.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills that enable effective collaboration and can be used to persuade and influence others.
- Applies strong mentoring skills.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in engineering.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS