|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 6, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
A highly motivated Reservoir Engineer is needed in Caribbean Exploration to plan appraisal activities (Magellan gas project), to evaluate available data in support of volume, risk, and value assessments for upcoming exploration wells, and to contribute to Basis of Well Design documents for all wells in the drilling campaign. The qualified candidate should have at least ten years of experience working as a reservoir engineer on assets throughout their lifecycle, including experience with deepwater assets.
This is a grade 11 role.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to optimization of value through refining development plans for exploration and appraisal outcomes, with recognition of uncertainty.
- Characterize the rock/fluid interactions.
- Assess and organize conventional and special core analysis results.
- Identify and compare with relevant analogues.
- Evaluate geomechanical tests and results.
- Contribute to the design of well tests and interpretation of results.
- Make recommendations for new data acquisition plans, based on value enhancement.
- Participate in planning and executing appraisal activities, as requested by the subsurface manager.
- Represent reservoir engineering in multi discipline groups to impact field development plans, design basis and operations and make technical and economic recommendations.
- Present clear and concise summaries to internal and external stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter Values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
- Strong integrator of information and analysis within teams, and across functions. Collaborating with the representatives of the partner, reservoir engineers, production engineers, geoscientists and completion engineers, drilling engineers, operations, finance and planners.
- Strong reservoir engineering skill set with a good understanding of appraisal strategy, well operations, and geology to help optimize value. Practical application of reservoir engineering skill set born of experience from working on deepwater assets in asset teams.
- Applies knowledge and experience to solve issues and make sound recommendations informed by data while recognizing uncertainty.
- Acts with a personal sense of urgency to achieve high quality results within set time frames.
- Ability to communicate clearly BHP Billiton's technical positions, with well-crafted and documented technical presentations/ interpretations.
- Communications and diplomacy skills used to persuade and influence others.
- Applies strong mentoring skills.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in engineering.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS