|Location||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||June 27, 2017|
Lloyd's Register Energy has one of the most experienced subsurface teams in the industry which has expertise in geology, geophysics, petrophysics and reservoir engineering. Our experts deliver industry leading technical solutions as part of large scale integrated projects or by providing focused studies to complement our clients' on-going activities.
You will possess the drive, enthusiasm and ambition to form part of a dynamic team within a fast-moving company. You need to be willing to embrace challenges and will have the opportunity to contribute to the future shape and direction of the team
A Principal Geologist will be expert in some defined specialist areas of petroleum geology with excellent problem-solving skills, an ability to identify and solve unusual problems and able to utilise expert resources across the Lloyd's Register organisation and externally. Must have a full appreciation and understanding of the full cycle of oil field development with a working knowledge of integrated projects, uncertainty, risk and oilfield economics.
- Undertaking and managing geological projects to the highest standards and providing expert support to the wider Lloyd's Register Energy organisation
- Undertake and manage complex geological projects
- Provide expert geological peer review/assist support to Lloyd's Register Energy projects globally
- Develop geological workflows
- Support the development of Geology within Lloyd's Register Energy
- Support others in the implementation of SIMS and QA/QC procedures
- Management of projects outside the geological discipline
- Taking a leading role in the integration of geology with other discipline teams
- Active in publication and presentation of conference and journal papers and supporting others to do so
- Active in Lloyd's Register Energy business development
In addition to demonstrating capability to deliver the activities within the role description above.
Satisfying at least one of the following:
- A degree in geology
- An MSc in Petroleum Geology or a relevant PhD
- Good spoken and written English
- Highly skilled or expert in key areas of petroleum geology:
- Stratigraphic interpretation using logs
- Understanding of depositional environments
- Understanding of petroleum systems
- Reservoir characterisation using logs Volumetric estimation
- Expert skills in a specialist area/areas of geology, e.g.:
- Geocellular modelling
- Basin modelling
- Carbonate geology
- Carbon capture
- Field development
- Unconventional hydrocarbons e.g. coalbed methane, shale oil, tight gas
- Able to scope, manage and/or carry out complex geological analyses
- As a technical lead in areas of expertise
- As a project lead in other areas of geology
- Able to lead the development of technical solutions and standards
- Capable of delivering a technical training course or field course
- Assisting with personnel evaluations, recruitment and resource planning in support of manager
- Communication - Communicates clearly and persuasively
- Problem-solving and judgement - Analyses situations, diagnoses problems, identifies key issues, establishes and evaluates alternative course of action
- Teamwork - Builds effective and focused business units to deliver overall business objectives
- Delivers Results - Uses understanding of the business / industry knowledge to improve business performance
- Business awareness - Continually identifying and exploring business opportunities to fulfil business goals
- Creativity - Uses innovation to deliver business improvement and growth
- Client focus (internal / external) - Champions client focus throughout the business
- Decision making - Makes clear decisions to benefit the wider business, staff and stakeholders
- Persuasiveness - The ability to convince others to agree on or to take a course of action
- Commitment - Don't shy away from issues, even the difficult; acknowledge the unsaid; don't skirt the real issues
It is anticipated that a Principal Geologist may attend a combination of training courses and industry events.
Principal Geologists will work with their manager to agree development targets, within the framework of Lloyd's Registers PPP process.
Several avenues exist for development as a Principal Geologist and these discussions should be undertaken with their line manager and Global Technical Head. Some examples are given as follows:
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in support of Lloyd's Registers business
- Wider project management
- Undertaking a role as Global Technical Head, Geology for a minimum two-year period
- We care.
- We care about our people, our clients and their assets, our business and the environment.
- We want everyone to get home safely.
- We're family. One LR.
- We're committed to sustainability.
- We're passionate about giving back to society through our everyday work and the LR Foundation.
- We want to leave the world a better place than we found it. We care.
- We share our expertise.
- We strive to be the leaders in our profession.
- We strive for unparalleled professional expertise and knowledge.
- We never stop learning.
- We're inquisitive and curious.
- We share our expertise.
- We do the right thing.
- We're independent and impartial.
- We show integrity in everything we do.
- We're trustworthy. We do what we say.
- We never compromise on standards or safety.
- We're brave and courageous.
- We do the right thing.