|Date Posted||May 25, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes creates value for Oil & Gas companies by offering leading drilling, formation evaluation, completion and production products and services. Our leading technologies - and our ability to apply them safely and effectively - create value for our customers and our shareholders.
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, we offer opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Engineers, scientists, technicians and business professionals can make their careers at Baker Hughes. We continuously strive to develop our own leaders by hiring the best and then promoting them from within.
Full time regular
- Under limited supervision, undertakes petrophysical interpretation and analysis using appropriate techniques and technologies to provide world class solutions for the client;
- Provide petrophysical input to multi-disciplinary projects, from frontier exploration through discovery appraisal to field development and production;
- Recommends appropriate methods and solutions for projects;
- May assist technical support teams;
- Edits and supervises report writing and QC;
- Writes and presents academic papers;
- Mentors junior staff;
- Trains other technical staff;
- Participates in client reporting meetings;
- Makes technical presentations to clients;
- Provides routine client follow-up and product delivery;
- May lead small project teams or manage simple projects;
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geoscience or related earth science discipline with minimum 3 years relevant work experience or Master's Degree or related earth science discipline with minimum 2 years relevant work experience or PhD on Geoscience or related earth science discipline with minimum 1year relevant work experience;
- Excellent problem solving skills with a drive for results;
- Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong client focus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of multi-disciplined teams working with an extensive client base;
- Must be highly motivated with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent understanding of standard logging analysis, core analysis and basic understanding of modern logging techniques.
- Good understanding of reservoir properties: porosity, saturation, permeability, and lithology.;
- Adept in the use of computer applications to determine reservoir properties;
- General knowledge of related sciences and drilling and evaluation business.