|Location||Texas, United States|
|Date Posted||January 3, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
At Concho, we align our employees, customers, shareholders, and the communities we support in a value chain that drives long-term growth. It is a collaboration that fosters a culture of partnership, diversity, and innovation, acknowledges and celebrates our successes, embraces change, and guides us down the path of an even brighter future.
We believe our employees are our greatest assets and are committed to providing a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding environment where we can all thrive. At Concho, investing in our people has been essential to our success. We value the excellence in each of us, we face and overcome challenges together, we inspire and develop tomorrow’s leaders, and yes, we have fun at work.
This position is responsible for leading and coordinating the application, work flow and integration of relevant petrophysical technologies and data with geoscience data to provide enhanced subsurface interpretations. The successful candidate will work to enhance collaboration within the New Mexico Asset Teams, optimizing petrophysical evaluation of subsurface data and their interpretations, and integrating new tools and technology to characterize and evaluate reservoirs.
- Coordinating petrophysical evaluation and interpretation activities
- Identifying key and emerging petrophysical technologies and applications and supporting his/her implementation and integration into the reservoir evaluation process
- Coordinating and evaluating logging operations to ensure that appropriate and cost-effective logging tools and technology are utilized
- Ensuring quality control and periodic evaluation of petrophysical contractors
- Providing petrophysical analysis of log data and assisting in decision making
- Assisting business units in their planning and execution of logging and coring operations so that appropriate logging and log analysis, ensuring that special core analysis and rock mechanics are obtained
- Ensuring log, rock, and geophysical qualitative and quantitative data are integrated to enhance formation evaluation, reservoir characterization, and reservoir completions
- Assuring petrophysical data is appropriately formatted, received, loaded and archived
- Evaluating performance and compatibility of appropriate hardware and software and assures highest performance standards
- Bachelor's degree in geology, geophysics, engineering, or related degree
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated upstream oil and gas work experience as a petrophysicist, geophysicist, or similar
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office software—specifically in Excel and Word
- Must be able to work in the United States indefinitely
- Master’s degree, or higher, in geology, geophysics, engineering, or other related degree
- Experience in both clastics and carbonates is preferred with complex mineral interpretations and analysis
- Experience with domestic unconventional/resource plays
- Familiarity with Interactive Petrophysics and Geographix Prizm log evaluation software
- Prior work experience in the Permian Basin
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that COG Operating LLC (“Concho”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, COG Operating LLC (“Concho”) will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, COG Operating LLC (“Concho”) explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of COG Operating LLC (“Concho”).