|Date Posted||July 5, 2017|
Petrophysicist / Senior Petrophysicist (Thai National Only)
, Thailand (Primary)
National Hire Only
Lead, plan, develop, supervise, provide and deliver timely and accurate petrophysical analysis, optimised logging programme, validated petrophysical projects, and accurate budget recommendations for petrophysical work and data, and petrophysical data management for Exploration, Development, Drilling and Engneering Department in order to support company exploration and development efforts in an effective and efficient manner.
E&P - New Wells
- Prepare preliminary interpretations (analysis of rock properties; lithology, clay content, porosity, hydrocarbon saturation and hydrocarbon content) during the drilling operation and a final log interpretation at TD.
- Prepare cost-effective and definitive Wireline and LWD programs for all new Exploration, Appraisal, and Development wells.
- Review of new OH Wireline and MWD/LWD Petrophysical technology available and propose implementation of applications relevant to Company operations.
- Monitor and QC Formation Evaluation techniques utilized and recommend possible alternative procedures for more efficient acquisition of data.
- Work with the G&G Team to design Core acquisition and analysis programs, when required, and integrate the results with other petrophysical data.
E&P - Existing Wells
- Develop standard Geological Models and Petrophysical parameter set for representative Formation in Company Block.
- Evaluate Petrophysical input to Integrated Projects related to Geomechanics, Reservoir Modelling, AVO/Inversion, and Geological/Core Evaluation.
- Propose remedial CH Wireline operations to investigate production problems and monitor fluid contacts, depletion, secondary gas development, water flood influx, etc.
Drilling and Production
- Provide assistance for coordination for Wireline/MWD/LWD mobilization of crews and equipment for respective wells.
- Prepare Technical Specifications and evaluate Contractor bids submitted for Electric Wireline and Directional Drilling/MWD/LWD Services.
- Plan and develop guidelines for related Contractor performance, SOP, Best Practices, and emphasis on strict HSE Compliance.
- Prepare recommendations for WL/TCP Perforation analysis on new Completions, based on OH Log Analysis and Cement Bond evaluation.
- Analyze and evaluate reservoir based on G&G data (wells, drilling reports, mud log, etc) as part of comprehensive petroleum studies of new ventures.
- Plan and maintain a dedicated database for Wireline/LWD data, Directional Surveys, Pay Summaries and Interpretation/Image playbacks.
- Review new tools and/or additional modules required for Petrophysical analysis.
- Mentor junior staff in operations and petrophysics techniques in order to prepare them to assume positions of responsibility in the field
- At least Bachelors degree in Geology, Engineering, or Physics.
- At least 10 years in working as a Petrophysicist, preferably with experience in South East Asia.
- Previous field experience in Wireline/LWD with recognized Service Company
- Analytical and critical analysis skills.
- Proficient with Corporate Petrophysic Software.
- Proficient in English and Thai (Both speaking and writing)
- Competent Computer Skills, particularly with Database Management.
- Communications Skills, evidenced in Presentations and written documentation.
- Proven team player in integrated project.
- Coaching and mentoring skills to train young Petrophysicist.