|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2017|
Ascent Resources is seeking an experienced Petrophysicist This position is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and will report to David Bocanegra.
This position will be the primary petrophysicist for the company and they will be responsible for the analysis and management of all the company’s wireline and core data.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate wireline and core data and provide it to other departments in a readily usable form.
- Establish and gather input parameters for petrophysical evaluation from various data sources.
- Establish criteria for all well logging and coring.
- Establish criteria and need for rock analysis (cores and cutting).
- Provide critical input and advice for analysis and use of petrophysical data.
- Provide training to junior level petrophysicist.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong technical knowledge of petrophysics, logging tool theory and core analysis.
- Ability to write custom code for the petrophysical analysis.
- Experience with and knowledge of geology and reservoir engineering.
- Ability to work professionally and respectfully with various disciplines in a team environment.
- Must be able to present highly technical information in a concise and clear manner to upper management.
- Experienced Techlog user.
- Working knowledge of GeoGraphix.
- Python programming experience.
- Spotfire user.
Education & Work Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical discipline.
- 6 years of oil and gas industry experience.
- 4 years’ experience as a petrophysicist.
- At least two years’ experience as a wireline field engineer.
- At least two years’ experience with an exploration and production company.
- Master’s degree in technical field.