|Location||Tulsa, United States|
|Date Posted||July 6, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
- Develop logging programs for high temperature/high pressure wells in both vertical and horizontal wells.
- Close collaboration with Geology, Completions and Reservoir teams to optimize well performance and EURs, improve reservoir delineation and characterization and completion optimization by implementing and improving quantitative log evaluation and formation evaluation techniques.
- Maintain the petrophysical database and develop workflows for geologists and engineers to follow.
- Train and mentor new geologists and engineers on log evaluation basics and specific log responses. Organize training opportunities, core viewings and data reviews.
- Liaison to industry consortia and research projects.
- BS in Geoscience (MS helpful, but not essential)
- 5 years experience in Petrophysics
- Service company (wireline) experience a plus
- Experience in conventional and unconventional oil and gas basins
- Excellent communication skills; i.e. convey results from technical and research projects to team members.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure quality service. Negotiate pricing for logging, coring and testing services.
- Knowledge of Petra, PowerLog and programming in Visual Basic are a plus.
This position will be filled at a level commensurate to the experience (i.e. skills, knowledge & abilities) of the successful candidate.
WPX Energy is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled