|Date Posted||July 3, 2017|
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC in Qatar for:
This is an opportunity for you to support the petrophysical activities associated with active field development such as: tendering for contract petrophysical services, formation evaluation planning, selection and supervision of contract petrophysical support personnel.
Your main duties will be to:
- Mentors petrophysicists and geoscientists with less experience.
- Identifies, develops and implements training in Petrophysics for subsurface group.
- Works effectively with reservoir, petroleum, and drilling engineers and rig personnel.
- Identifies, designs and implements field studies, which will facilitate future field development.
- Interfaces with shareholders to identify, develop and implement joint technical initiatives.
- Participates in well planning and assists with development of pre-drill documentation packages (i.e. designs and provides logging program, identifies potential logging hazards, etc.).
- Performs quick look formation evaluation methods in support of real-time decision making and provides input for selection of perforation and testing intervals.
- Uses workstation based Petrophysical models to provide fully integrated field-study quality interpretations in support of geologic and reservoir modeling used in field development planning.
- Performs operations activities during drilling (i.e. pre-logging job planning with petrophysical contractors on rig(s), training and monitoring of petrophysical contract personnel, interface with other Geoscience, Engineering, and Drilling personnel).
- Provides operational and technical support for openhole and casedhole logging operations including acquisition planning, on-site supervision, QC, and analysis of:
- Formation Testing (MDT)
- Production Logging (PLT/RST)
- Cement Evaluation (CBL/VDL-USIT)
- Corrosion Evaluation (MFC/METT)
- Maintains and ensures accuracy and completeness of petrophysical databases/ catalogs (digital and hard copy).
- Contributes to the enhancement of existing and future petrophysical analysis models.
- Makes recommendations regarding Routine (RCA) and Special Core Analysis (SCAL) work to be done for measurement of petrophysical parameters. Designs and supervises core analysis lab measurements in collaboration with other concerned staff.
- Provides input to support development of reservoir surveillance strategies including design of baseline logging programs.
- Designs and supports implementation of written input for post-drill well reports.
- Develops scope of work for tendering of petrophysical services and analyzes tenders.
- Monitors petrophysical contractors and administers contractors Quality Assurance Plan.
- Checks petrophysical contractor invoices.
Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Petrophysics, Geology, or Engineering from an accredited and recognized university.
You must have minimum Minimum of 12 years post-degree, relevant working experience.
Minimum of 3 years experience mentoring.
Minimum of 3 years experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
Minimum of 3 years carbonate reservoir experience.
Minimum of 3 years new field development experience.
Minimum of 3 years experience working with gas reservoirs.
Minimum of 3 years experience responsible for implementing quality systems.
Minimum of 3 years experience with offshore operations and safety
You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, an advance level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity. All our positions are suitable for disabled people.
SPIE Oil and Gas Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.