|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||October 13, 2016|
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs basic well log interpretation.
- Plans or conducts geological, geophysical, or petrophysical field studies or surveys, sample collection, or drilling and testing programs.
- Prepares geological maps, cross-section diagrams, charts, or reports using results of fieldwork or laboratory research.
- Locates, estimates, and predicts oil and natural gas fields using integrated analysis of data and information.
- Uses critical thinking, logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses in workflows and effectively ensures overall conception, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of each assigned project.
- Maintain geologic interpretations for actively drilling wells and provide OSC geosteering oversight and assistance.
- Participates in local and national Geological societies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of logging tools, measurement and quality control of logging jobs.
- Basic knowledge of horizontal drilling, directional surveys, geo-steering, and geo-steering software and workflows.
- Basic knowledge of field operations, including logging units, drilling rigs and directional framework and their relationship to basin architecture.
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with geologic database and mapping software.
- Basic knowledge of reservoir characterization and petroleum systems.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory analysis of samples, side wall cores, and whole cores.
- Basic knowledge of qualitative 2D and 3D seismic interpretation and has a basic seismic acquisition understanding.
- Basic knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Basic knowledge of lease acquisitions, division of interest, and separation of surface and subsurface rights.
Education, Licenses and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics or related field from accredited university required.
- Master’s degree in Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics or related field from accredited university preferred.
- 0-2+ years of related work experience required.
- Background in sedimentology and structural geology preferred.
- Previous work experience processing and interpreting borehole image logs preferred.
- Previous work experience processing and interpreting dipole sonic logs preferred.