|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||November 8, 2017|
We are looking for a Petrophysicist to join our team for both U.S. Domestic and International operations.
The successful candidate will provide petrophysical support to a multi-disciplinary team involving geology, drilling, completions and reservoir engineering in both exploration and development realms.
Bachelor's degree required in Petroleum Engineering or related field
Master's or PhD degree in Geology, Petroleum Engineering or related field highly preferred
Five or more years of relevant experience in petrophysical evaluation
Must have thorough knowledge of petrophysical applications for the oil and gas industry and be current in established industry practices and the views of industry/academic thought leaders in the field
Solid background of developing and executing multifaceted petrophysical basin and field-scale studies, demonstrating ability to impact multiple disciplines
- Provides operational petrophysical support to wells drilling within areas of responsibility
- Supports other teams as business needs require
- Remains knowledgeable in relation to the latest technology and suggests implementation where appropriate
- Applies state-of-the-art technology and mentors others on deployment of advanced techniques
- Develops and efficiently applies new petrophysical models on massive datasets, to include many thousands of wells
- Interfaces with logging and coring vendors
- Demonstrates expertise in new tools and interpretation techniques as they relate to areas of responsibilities
- Pursues research in petrophysics while maintaining awareness of and pursuing novel developments for log analysis, including calibration with cores and analogues, on exploratory and multi-well, field-wide petrophysical models
- Develop research applications in the areas of statistics, signal processing, machine learning, and mathematical modelling as applied to subsurface sensory data
- Evaluate geological data in an area, and prepare and make presentations to management or the government, illustrating different geologic problems and presenting conclusions or recommendations that have a high probability of improving results or resolving problems
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
- Valid driver's license
- HUET or BOSIET certification
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
- Must be able to work seven days a week, including holidays. Must be able to work various shifts up to 12+ hours per day.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with ability to work in the US without sponsorship (for U.S. assignments only)
Established in 2008, JSL International "Group of Companies" currently operates in over 12 countries with our Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, Texas, USA. Our supporting operations include Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Suriname, Venezuela, Mexico and Colombia.
We recognize that our responsibility to society stretches beyond legal requirements and advocate that we are as accountable to our employees, communities and the environment, as we are to our shareholders. The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy.