|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||March 31, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
CNPC USA is a subsidiary of China National Petroleum Company, and serves as the North American headquarters. Our goal is to provide innovation, research and development of new technologies for Oil and Gas Exploration and Production.
CNPC USA is actively seeking creative, innovative, best-in-class experts to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Petrophysicist. The right candidate will be responsible for formation evaluation of conventional and unconventional reservoirs and will be in on the ground floor of an exciting new venture backed by CNPC. This position is located in Houston, TX.
- Develop integrated petrophysical models for (un)conventional reservoirs, incorporating well log, core and production data.
- Participate in planning and execution of formation evaluation programs to optimize project team objectives, including core acquisition.
- Coordinate post well-log data processing and core analysis, manage petrophysical data.
- Perform high quality quick-look formation evaluation in support of well operations.
- Build and maintain a close working relationship with reservoir engineering and the geoscience community.
- Identify and apply new technologies and methods to reduce uncertainty in the petrophysical evaluation of (un)conventional reservoirs.
- Develop knowledge of basic well/prospect/project economics, risk analysis, and cost vs. value technical data.
- Conduct all business activities in agreement with CNPC USA core values.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver on time, on target, with quality and sustainability.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Petrophysicist for an operator or a major service company.
- Experience with evaluation of (un)conventional reservoirs using multi-mineral solvers.
- Experience with advanced logging technology such as NMR, Spectroscopy and Dielectric, basics of borehole image interpretation for fracture identification.
- Knowledge of core analysis methods and work together with in-house SCAL experts.
- Experience in planning of well-log and core evaluation programs is desirable.
- Basic understanding of correlation between seismic and well log data is desirable.
- MS in Geosciences/Geophysics; advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Petrophysicist.
- Must be willing to relocate to Houston.
- Must be fluent in English.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and the ability to lift 20lbs and bend is required.
This position requires overnight international and domestic travel. Local travel between other CNPC USA locations is required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
CNPC USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Disclaimer: The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.