|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||February 27, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
The Petrophysicist will be part of Geoconsulting’s Houston based Reservoir Team and thus will be required to closely liaise and co-ordinate with the other disciplines that are already part of the Team, namely Geophysics (focusing on seismic inversion), RoqScan interpretation, Petroleum Geochemistry and Reservoir Geology. Key to this role is to provide the quantitative link between the elastic rock properties that affect seismic response and the geological properties that we are trying to predict and to integrate and interpet multiple datasets from geophysical, petrophysical geological and geomechanical outputs.
We are looking for petrophysicists / rock physicists who are:
- Technically competent in petrophysics / rock physics and comfortable working with multiple geoscience datasets.
- Focused on quality and efficient project management.
- Technically curious and innovative.
- Looking to advance quickly and take on responsibility.
- Effective contributor
- Good communicator.
The candidate will need to be able to demonstrate project management, leadership and mentoring skills and will need to be able to demonstrate innovative solutions to Client’s needs and requirements and apply principles of financial and resource management.
- To assist in the building of an incremental petrophysics / rock physics revenue and profit stream based out of our Houston site.
- Apply rock physics to create subsurface lithofacies model describing petrophysical and elastic behaviour through a set of empirical, heuristic and theoretical relationships.
- Calibration of rock physics relationships based on local well logs and core data, complemented with regional or global data where local calibration is missing.
- Predict missing or poor quality well logs, model seismic AVO response, calibrate and predict petrophysical properties.
- To market and develop profitable standalone petrophysical and integrated proprietary and multiclient projects.
- To work closely with and fully comprehend the disciplines of RoqScan (automated mineralogy), reservoir geology, petroleum geochemistry, seismic reservoir characterization and aid in the development of integrated solution offered to customers.
- To understand our geomechanics and reservoir capabilities such that we can further develop our integrated offering to customers.
- Apply principles of financial and resource management in budgeting and project management to provide consistent profitability.
- As with all employees, be responsible for quality and HSE.
- Actively promote effective interpersonal relationships at all levels both internally and externally to develop new business.
- Overtime become a recognised expert in the field of Petrophysics and Rock Physics and be able to provide an understanding of other relevant disciplines when required.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge and awareness of the subject matter and in particular, US Unconventional Resource Plays.
- Manage project-based work requiring a high level of individual initiative to manage proprietary studies and properly interpret data from multiple geological sources.
- Offer authoritative advice and guidance to clients and colleagues in a stand-alone capacity.
- Give presentations at conferences and in client offices.
Though largely office based (Houston) there will be involvement in client contact for project-related work and promotional reasons, which will result in travel within predominantly North America, but also South America.
- 5+ years Oil Company and/or consultancy experience with a strong technical background in petrophysics and rock physics.
- Minimum Earth Sciences BSc plus an MSc or PhD in a relevant geoscience discipline.
- Good knowledge of US Unconventional Resource Plays.
- Ability to demonstrate strong team work and project management.
- Familiarity with industry standard petrophysics and rock physics software (Powerlog)