|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||November 24, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
We are currently recruiting for a Petrophysicist.
- Bachelor degree in petroleum engineering, geology, geophysics, or physics, from a recognized and approved program. MSc or PhD is attractive, but not required.
- Must have minimum of 10 years related experience including at least 7 years in petrophysics.
- Must have experience with integrated petrophysical studies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly with specialists in reservoir characterization, core analysis, reservoir management, simulation, drilling, and production engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to use industry standard petrophysical data processing and interpretation software.
- Extensive working knowledge of vendor tools and data acquisition practices.
- Training history of appropriate specialized courses and seminars is expected.
- Technical publications are valued but in-depth practical experience is paramount.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be expected to be able to perform the following:
- Conduct comprehensive petrophysical studies and analyses by integrating logging tool responses, rock, fluid and production data.
- Act as technical advisor to management regarding best practices for the acquisition, analysis, interpretation and integration of logging data.
- Design and oversee core and fluid studies to enhance petrophysical models for improved formation evaluation.
- Develop verifiable petrophysical models for incorporation into static and dynamic reservoir models for volumetric prediction and development planning.
- Lead and participate in multidisciplinary teams.
- Represent Saudi Aramco in external technical contacts with consultants, and vendors, etc.
- Evaluate new logging tools and data acquisition and analysis procedures in terms of cost and technology.
- Participate in technical societies and technical groups.
- Mentor and train young engineers.