|Date Posted||May 7, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Provide updated log interpretations for potential workovers, sidetracks and new well proposals for operated and review interpretation for non-operated assets.
Support monitoring of sidetracks and new wells to adjust real-time trajectory if needed.
Support geological model update (e.g., saturation height function, core vs. log matching, etc.).
• Work with multi-disciplinary subsurface team and the OPCO to deliver successful results during the drilling campaign for the brownfield re-development.
• Provide real-time petrophysical support when necessary to the drilling campaign.
• Maintain APUS petrophysical model database and contribute full-cycle petrophysical evaluation (Acquisition – QC – Log Analysis - Integration) of new and old well data into multiple APUS projects.
• Influence LWD, Wire-line and other data acquisition programs in development and exploration wells.
• Contribute to reserves estimation, well planning, static / dynamic modeling, and identification of infill, work-over, and near- and far-field growth opportunities.
• Input to field development plans, well proposals, end of well reporting, government submissions and ADS related technical documentation.
• Liaise with corporate and OPCO specialists to maximize project delivery, optimization strategies, data quality control and quality of service assessments.
• Attend the required meetings, work plan preparation in time and responsible manner.
• Review and track planned activities against schedule.
• Inject ideas to improve available data and recommend additional data. Position Requirements Functional skills
What technical skills are required for success in the role?
• Petrophysical interpretation software (hands-on Geolog considered a plus)
• SMT, Petra, Petrel considered a plus
• Log Analysis / Database Management and Recall
• Microsoft Office Suite
What are the personal and interpersonal skills required for success in the role?
• Independent problem solver with minimal supervision.
• Motivated and an excellent communicator
• Focused towards achieving goals/milestones and delivering quality and well documented work per Development Management System (DMS) standard.
What background and practical experience are necessary for success in the role?
• BSc degree in Geology or Geophysics or relevant discipline. Master in related technical discipline is considered an advantage.
• Industry experience, at least 10 years, with operating oil company. West Africa experience a plus.
• Field development / appraisal and production operations and real-time monitoring experience.
• Familiarity with siliciclastics, carbonates, oil and gas highly deviated and horizontal wells.
• Travel as necessary to Europe and West Africa