|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Anadarko is seeking a Petrophysicist to join the DJ Basin Exploration team located in Denver, CO. This individual will provide petrophysical support to a multi-disciplinary team involving geology, drilling, completions, and reservoir engineering in both exploration and development realms. Additionally, this individual will work very closely with geology in reservoir characterization, will integrate log and core data in the development of petrophysical models and solutions and will drive the data collection programs to support such activities. The successful candidate will possess a diverse skill set allowing for productive interface with all disciplines involved in the exploration, development, and optimization of oil and gas production.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- 5 years or more of relevant experience in petrophysical evaluation
- Significant experience in tight gas/oil, gas/oil shales, and unconventional reservoirs is preferred.DJ Basin / Rockies experience is a plus.
- Strong background integrating core, log and well data across diverse geologic settings.
- Solid background of developing and executing multifaceted petrophysical basin and field-scale studies, demonstrating ability to impact multiple disciplines.
- Proficiency in computer based interpretation in a leading petrophysical software package highly preferred, and working experience with Interactive Petrophysics.
- Familiarity or working knowledge of Petra, Landmark or DSG is a definite advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with representatives of other departments, vendors, partner companies, and work well in integrated teams
- A minimum of 1.5 years of relevant experience in petrophysical evaluation is required.
- Leads the planning and execution of formation evaluation programs to optimize team objectives, as an integrated member of the team.
- Provides operational petrophysical support to wells drilling within areas of responsibility.
- Supports other teams as business needs require.
- Remains knowledgeable in relation to the latest technology and suggests implementation where appropriate.
- Applies state-of-the-art technology and mentors others on deployment of advanced techniques.
- Develops and efficiently applies new petrophysical models on massive datasets, to include many thousands of wells.
- Interfaces with logging and coring vendors.
- Demonstrates expertise in new tools and interpretation techniques as they relate to areas of responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains communications with petrophysicists in other Anadarko assets to maximize knowledge sharing.
Master’s or PhD degree in geology, petroleum engineering or related field highly preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required in Petroleum Engineering or related field.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
Travel will be required up to 10%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.