|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 14, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Apache Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its #1 position around the world, entrepreneurial culture and deep operational focus.
The Petrophysical Advisor position will involve work being performed in the Gulf of Mexico Shelf and Deep Water but also may include helping with projects in other sub-regions within INVGOM. The Petrophysical Advisor will act as a focal point for integration of geological, geophysical, engineering, and petrophysical data and analysis. The position requires the Advisor to provide analysis and modeling of rocks, pores, and fluids, to enable sub-surface teams to characterize the reservoir quality and the seismic character of leads and prospects. Log interpretation, core integration, pore pressure interpretation, reservoir quality analysis, and seismic rock property modeling are required for this position.
• Formation Evaluation Design which will include acquisition of Mudlog data, LWD data, Wireline data, and Core Acquisition, and Core Stabilization.
• Formation Evaluation Commercial Bid Analysis, which will include initial bid structure, analysis and comparison of costs from various vendors, and working with our procurement groups to obtain contracts for formation evaluation services from vendors.
• Core Analysis Design which will include protocols for routine and special core analysis.
• Seismic Rock Properties Analysis which will include fluid substitutions and half space modeling. Position requires the Advisor to present findings to the team and work with E&P Technology experts to deliver accurate models of seismic anomalies.
• Reservoir Quality Studies which will include working with Geologists on Sedimentary and Petrologic data to describe controls on diagenesis and reservoir porosity/permeability basin trends.
• Capable of performing basic image analysis work to guide service provider’s interpretations of image logs.
• Capable of building pore pressure models from logs or seismic velocities to guide the sub-surface teams on possible pressure profiles within a basin.
• Collaborate with the leadership in E&P Technology to ensure best practices are followed and database structures are not compromised.
• Sharing best practices knowledge for petrophysical applications and evaluation processes
• Participate in multidisciplinary projects and help present defendable business recommendations to senior management.
• Help mentor, train and develop staff.
• BS in Geology, Geophysics, or Engineering, and relevant experience Advanced degree preferred
• 15 to 20 years of relevant E&P company experience
• Significant experience in the Gulf of Mexico and other Turbidite basins around the world.
• Possess knowledge of major petrophysical software packages applied in the industry for well and reservoir interpretation
• Must be current with the latest industry tools and petrophysical interpretation techniques working primarily with clastic reservoir systems;
• Familiarity with advanced methods of post core retrieval handling and analysis techniques
• Demonstrated ability to design logging programs in complex reservoir systems, maximizing data acquisition
• Knowledgeable in petrophysical, geophysical, and geological analysis integration
• Must be willing to work in integrated teams and have the ability to interact effectively with geoscientists and reservoir, operations, drilling and facilities engineers
• Must be able to work under pressure and provide input in short project time lines
PRIMARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES (TECHNICAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES):
• Advanced level of petrophysical expertise; a subject matter expert.
• Expert knowledge of conventional reservoirs and their analysis
• Advanced level of core analysis expertise
• Advanced level of seismic rock properties expertise
• A strong team player with excellent communication and organizational skills - able to work well with field personnel, geoscience team, peers, management and stakeholders
• Ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information essential
• Able to prioritize multiple projects, organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
• High degree of initiative with mature independent judgment.
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Capability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
• Strong personal computer skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written - present formally to management and effectively communicate work procedures to relevant personnel.
• Capable of directing the work of others and being directed as required.