|Date Posted||June 10, 2016|
Subsurface Team Lead
- Work with internationally recognised scientists in world class facilities
- Undertake science with real world impact
- Join our team at CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research orgnaisation
An exciting role has opened up in CSIRO’s Oil, Gas and Fuels Program to contribute research leadership and technical geoscience expertise to major research projects in offshore exploration and basin scale processes for resource exploitation.
The successful candidate will draw on technical skills developed through previous experience in petroleum exploration and reservoir characterization. They will have high-level client relationship experience in the oil and gas sector and excellent oral and written communication skills. The candidate will be familiar with integrating subsurface information, ranging from seismic and well data to sedimentary environments, into the understanding of basin scale processes. They will be expected to plan and lead major projects involving a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to address priority research questions in reducing exploration risk and optimising basin resource management.
Specifically you will:
- Create, plan and deliver major industry focused projects in Australian sedimentary basins and contribute to other significant projects.
- Promote project management excellence, including meeting CSIRO and external stakeholder resource management and delivery expectations.
- Communicate research outcomes to internal/external stakeholders through formulation and delivery of project reports, presentations and learned journal publications.
- Collaborate effectively across CSIRO to manage resources between multidisciplinary portfolios.
- Effectively contribute to and/or lead diverse research teams, which support the development of emerging skills, including providing mentoring and encouraging professional development.
Location: Kensington, WA
Salary: $127K - $141K pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- Education/Qualifications: A doctorate, or equivalent research or industry experience, in geoscience or engineering demonstrably relevant to petroleum systems and basin resource exploitation. Advanced quantitative research design and research management skills are required.
- Technical Skills: Clear knowledge of the concepts of subsurface exploration, appraisal and field development as evidenced by experience working in or with the oil and gas industry.
- Publications and professional profile: A strong record of quality publications in peer reviewed journals, presentations at international/national conferences.
- Leadership: Proven research management and team leadership experience. Ability to maximise impact and benefit from new and existing projects. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective networks and collaborative partnerships with stakeholders proficiently and in a timely manner to achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience of developing and delivering projects with significant impact to the oil and gas industry.
- Proven technical expertise and research management experience in complex investigations of subsurface resources such as petroleum exploration, reservoir characterization or carbon storage.
- The ability to work effectively as an integral member and/or leader of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and ability to foster an environment in which there is a high level of co-operation within and between teams.
AT CSIRO WE INVENT THE FUTURE
We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Our solutions make a difference to industry, people and the planet.
As Australia’s national science agency, we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for almost 90 years. Today we have thousands of talented people working across Australia and internationally. Our people work closely with industry and communities to leave a lasting legacy. Collectively, our innovation and excellence places us in the top ten applied research agencies in the world.
WE COLLABORATE TO INNOVATE
We are pioneering low-emission technologies that create value for industry and households and provide the knowledge which will help guide Australia towards a smart, secure energy future.
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/resume, a statement addressing the selection criteria and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as ONE document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Tuesday 5 July 2016