|Date Posted||September 8, 2017|
Key Duties and Accountabilities
Apply general knowledge and concepts of basin and petroleum systems analysis to assist with determining the following:
The mechanisms and timing of basin-forming events, tectonic evolution, and structural architecture;
the depositional rates and methods of sedimentary accumulation with identification of key lithotypes, Lithofacies, and environments of deposition along with the delineation and correlation of lithostratigraphic and chronostratigraphic units;
the application of sequence stratigraphy for development of paleogeographic reconstructions;
the identification and characterization of reservoir and source rock intervals and;
the methods and timing for hydrocarbon generation, migration and entrapment;
Interpretation of geological, geophysical, and petrophysical data sets collected from industry and through government work programs;
Identification or development of play concepts, delineation of play fairways, and mapping or modelling of play characteristics. Produce or support provision of maps for key structural horizons and source/reservoir characteristics;
Assessment of petroleum and gas resources, including the delivery of deterministic and/or probabilistic estimates of in-place and technically recoverable volumes;
Assist with the development and execution of technical studies and exploration programs in collaboration with industry, universities, and/or other research organisations; Provide support for project management including preparation of project plans and supervision/administration of scope, contractors, budget and schedule.
- Continuously builds knowledge, keeping up-to-date on the professional/technical procedural aspects of their job.
- Willingly shares knowledge with others.
- Applies professional and occupational knowledge to immediate work tasks.
- Seeks out opportunities to build and expand professional networks and relationships with key contacts.
Technology & Systems
- Applies computer applications for use in more complex tasks.
- Supports the implementation of system improvements and enhancements and the introduction of new technologies.
- Able to plan effectively, making optimum use of time and resources to successfully manage individual output by prioritising a broad range of tasks and focusing on key issues.
Teamwork & Collaboration
- Works cooperatively within a team and is able to integrate work across multi-functions effectively.
- Understands the needs of team members and shares information to assist with coordination of work between areas.
- Actively listens and takes a problem solving approach to difficult situations.
- Constructs easy to read logical and fact based arguments, decisions and recommendations based on understanding, research and analysis.
- Produces documents that contain information necessary to achieve their intended purpose.
- Applies an understanding of freedom of information and privacy obligations when drafting correspondence and reports.
- Develops presentations suitable for a range of audiences and settings.
Mandatory Requirements or Special Conditions
- Degree from a recognised tertiary institution in Geology or Earth Sciences or an acceptable equivalent qualification as determined by the Director-General.
- At least five years effective working experience with particular emphasis on petroleum geoscience.
**For further information please refer to Role Profile**
Applications to remain current for 12 months. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.