|Date Posted||February 15, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 100 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 31,000 people.
The successful candidate will be have data mining skills, strong work ethic, be a team player and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present data, interpretation, and reports to clients either individually or as part of the larger project team. This requires excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Utilize geoSCOUT or equivalent program for data mining and research assessments.
- Assist with new business development/market research as required. Attend conferences and forums as needed and serve as an ambassador. Organize and document procedures and results.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Assist research initiatives.
- Assist with surface casing vent flow (SCVF) and routine well abandonments as required.
- Assist with isotope database compilation and presentation.
- Handle administrative duties, including invoicing requirements.
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned by management.
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering Technology, Geology or Geophysics with at least 2- 5 years of related experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Professional in manner and appearance
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Team player with positive attitude and energy
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in report writing and presentation preparation and delivery
- Ability to multi-task, and have good prioritization and time management skills with ability to work on several projects and “change gears” quickly
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and meet deadlines while following a proper workflow
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strength in Excel (data manipulation)
- Frequent client interaction is a responsibility of this position
- Some travel is required
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving abstract
- Wireline (Open Hole and Cased Hole) log interpretation, Surface Logging systems, and Laboratory knowledge is an asset.
- Hands on experience with petrophysical and geophysical software (i.e. Petrel, Techlog, CMG, Interactive Petrophysics, Powerlog, etc.).
- Expert level understanding of geoSCOUT (or similar) and related modules
- Core logging experience an asset