|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||June 8, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
Duties & Responsibilities
1) Help perform engineering evaluations of client’s oil and gas properties and obtain data from client and data sites.
2) Become the U.S. Bank in-house expert on our Aries & PHDWin software. This will include inputting and running the programs and troubleshooting as necessary. Being motivated and a self-starter are the most important keys to succeeding in this responsibility. Software training will be available as needed.
3) Run one-line summaries for the various reserve categories. This includes individual property economics on the top-valued wells/properties. Also plot production curves with history and forecasts on these top-valued wells/properties.
4) Evaluate customer lease operating information including production, revenue, and costs. Input data as necessary.
5) Help make presentation of data including reserves, cashflow, present values, half-life, & loan amount guidelines from the engineering software.
6) Help handle reserve-based computer software issues with the customer. Advanced use of Landmark’s ARIES and TRC’s PhDWin software programs are a critical part of the job, but can be learned on-the-job.
7) Establish relationships with both internal and external customers to obtain engineering data as needed.
8) Handle any hardware issues between our engineering team and our U.S. Bank IT group.
9) Maintain engineering projects backlog and attend weekly staff meetings.
10) Report to the Petroleum Engineer Manager and work well with other engineers and technicians.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Two to three years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
- Industry experience with an oil or gas company preferable or basic math and science knowledge
- Knowledge of petroleum evaluation software, e.g. ARIES or PHDWin
- Thorough knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
- Thorough understanding of the business line’s operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
- Strong process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
Compliance / Quality Control
1st - Daytime