|Date Posted||August 14, 2016|
Provides expert advice and support in areas of petroleum Engineering, Project Management and Production Operations in order to meet a Public Sector Oil Company's targets and strategic objectives.
Academic: Bachelor Degree in Petroleum Engineering.
Related Work Experience:
- 15 years related experience in international Oil Companies. Must have experience in Planning and T Management for Oil and Gas projects including on-shore and offshore projects.
- Experience in project Risk and Uncertainty Management is required.
- Must have worked in Cross-functional Teams handling Improved/Enhanced Oil Recovery, Fields Development and Production Operations.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical Service: Guides the team members in conducting studies and technical work related to areas of petroleum Engineering, Production and Onshore/Offshore Projects.
- Well Engineering: Reviews well planning, operations interventions, testing, and production optimization, including well costing and scheduling. Provides expert advice as required.
- Tender/ Contract Review: Conducts technical evaluation and verification of contractors Pre-qualification documents and assess each contractor’s capabilities to ensure selection of qualified contractors at the optimum price and required standards
- Fields Development Support: Participates in various Field Development related studies, e.g. Formulation of higher rate case scenarios, etc. by providing inputs on well and facilities optimization, artificial-lift options, simulation forecast, etc. during contract formulation, tendering and project execution.
- Project Proposal: Direct review of Company's project proposals and preparation of sole Budget; advises Management of consistency with Company's objectives; and participates in direct project design, tender & Contract award stages.
- Project Execution: Manage / Assists in various aspects of projects including project identification and scoping, engineering and design, Procurement, preparation of specifications for construction, and equipment purchases and ensuring project change control is adequate. Monitors the status of assigned projects on continual basis. Includes reviewing weekly and monthly reports, attending progress meetings with executing departments and carrying out regular site visits. Participates in HAZOP studies as required.
- Past Project: Upon completion of projects, participates and ensures preparation of drawings, final specifications, performance test reports and acceptance letter and transfers responsibility to operating department and maintenance department for normal operation and routine maintenance.
- Facility production: Ensuring the field is producing as planned, identifying which well to follow and when and opportunities for de-bottlenecking.
- Operational Support: Provides operational support by focusing on assuring facility integrity, reliability and optimization of production. These activities may include system troubleshooting, facility testing and de-bottlenecking, and technical support for reliability and maintenance programs.
- Support to Management: Provides expert advice to Management in petroleum Engineering and Projects areas and prepares reports ad presentations as required.
- Undertakes other duties of similar nature as required.