|Location||Anchorage, United States|
|Date Posted||June 14, 2017|
Vacancy Overview Petroleum Engineer – Anchorage, AK
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client, an Alaskan exploration and production company, is seeking an entry-level Petroleum Engineer to work within their facilities located in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Our client is an ambitious Alaskan exploration and production company well placed to pursue production endeavors around the state. They have a substantial acreage, reserve, and resource position in the state and are dedicated to long term responsible development of Alaska’s oil and gas resources.
The Role You Will Play
- The Petroleum Engineer is an entry-level position and will be expected to offer support for engineering tasks. The successful candidate will be able to perform the responsibilities of the role and will meet the minimum qualifications.
- Gather and measure information on variables of interest in an established systematic manner
- Perform graphing techniques
- Process numerical information
- Track operational trends
- Perform any other task as assigned
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
- Requires a Bachelor’s in Engineering, preferably in Petroleum Engineering
- Must have knowledge of petroleum concepts and engineering principles
- Strong mathematical skills are necessary in this role
- Requires analytical and organizational skills
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint are a requirement
- Responds to challenges with flexibility and resourcefulness
- Possess the necessary interpersonal skills to interact in an office setting
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check