|Location||Dallas, United States|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2017|
East West Bank is one of the largest independent banks headquartered in California serving consumers and businesses throughout the U.S. and Greater China. With over 130 locations worldwide including California, Texas, New York, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, Washington, and Greater China – East West Bank is committed to helping their customers’ enterprises succeed. At East West Bank, we build bridges that provide an important financial link, turning opportunities into growth and prosperity.
East West Bank is seeking a Petroleum Engineer to join their National Energy Finance Group in Dallas, Texas. A Petroleum Engineer is responsible for the technical evaluation of client oil & gas assets, assisting with review of new and existing lending opportunities.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
The Petroleum Engineer’s execution duties are, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for technical evaluation of client oil & gas assets, including: reserve evaluation, production data analysis for identifying key performance drivers and economic analysis.
- Generate engineering memos summarizing findings to help the energy team analyze collateral value, cashflow and credit risks.
- Attend internal and external client meetings as needed.
- Assist with miscellaneous technical project related duties as required.
- Assist with addressing engineering questions from internal partners, external regulators and participant banks (when East West Bank is agent) as needed.
- 5 - 15 years of prior related petroleum engineering experience with active exploration and production company
- Experience working with an energy bank is preferred
- Provide technical expertise on emerging plays within the oil and gas industry, additional experience in operations is a plus
- High level of technical oil and gas engineering understanding and application
- Ability to identify upside and risk for oil and gas assets
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to set priorities
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree required; MS or MBA is a plus
- Microsoft office, economics software such as Aries and PHDWin, Excel, Access. Experience in Spotfire and other analytical software is a plus
East West Bank is an equal opportunity employer. #CB
East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.