|Date Posted||February 22, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Provides expertise and support to assist Tribes in regulation development and oversight; evaluation of industry standards, permitting, inspections, safety management, research, environmental compliance and enforcement, evaluation of failures and incidents, regarding mineral leasing on tribal and allotted trust lands. Services shall include but not be limited to the following contractor-performed tasks:
- Serve as technical specialist and liaison between Indian tribes, agencies and commercial contractors on complex project issues, processes or methods.
- Serve as a Lead Petroleum Engineer for NOC Team, leading a staff of Petroleum Engineers, Petroleum Engineer Technicians, Production Accountability Specialist and/or other staff as necessary.
- Direct, articulate and communicate to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Provide program oversight for engineers, technicians and specialists who perform lease valuations and market determinations; review communization and unit agreements, applications for permit to drill, applications for commingling and off-lease measurement, and lease suspension, assignment, modification/amendment, segregation, extension and termination; perform complex meter analysis; and assist in the development of policy, guidance and regulations.
- Understand issues related to oil and gas production, including by not limited to: complex drilling rigs and novel drilling techniques and technology; complex operational programs that ensure adequate resource protection; new and innovative completion techniques for the extraction of hydrocarbon resources; measurement processes/practices; reservoir management; applications for permit to drill; lease valuation and fair market determinations; communization and unit agreements; and commingling and off-lease measurement.
- Provide technical training to field personnel, including inspection and audit personnel.
- Provide oversight, guidance, and quality control relating to leasing and agreements, permitting and compliance.
- Provide support and monitoring of team budget related to travel, equipment, and labor. Requires working with other government agencies for reimbursement of costs incurred by team.
- Basic knowledge of petroleum engineering and oil and gas deposits.
- Understanding of resource and reserve estimation methods for oil and natural gas deposits.
- Knowledge of conventional and horizontal drilling methods.
- Knowledge of conventional and hydraulic fracturing completion methods
- Familiar with well log analysis programs
- Experience with economic analysis of oil and gas deposits, decline curve analysis, Ultimate Estimate of recovery discounted cash flow, rate of return, present value,
- Familiarity with at least one commercial software program used for reserve estimation
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- BS Degree in Petroleum Engineering.
- At least five years’ experience with engineering activities concerning the drilling, completion, log interpretation and reservoir evaluations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Petroleum Engineering: 5 years