|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||February 6, 2017|
J MAR & Associates - Houston, TX 77092
Compensation Commensurate with Skills & Experience
Premier Acquisition & Divestiture (A&D) firm seeks a Petroleum Engineer who can work independently and with investment bankers, staff engineers/geologists and clients to contribute to the success of the firm. This is an opportunity to have a direct working role on notable A&D transactions.
• Provide engineering technical support for A&D project execution and business development.
• Strong proficiency in reservoir engineering and economic analysis required, additional experience in operations preferred.
• Generate engineering presentation materials including reserve evaluations, field studies, technical analyses and other exhibits for pitch books, executive summaries and data room presentations. Some general graphic design work necessary when constructing presentation exhibits.
• Present results of engineering analyses in pitch and data room settings.
• Work directly at times with clients and investment bankers on highly confidential evaluations.
• Proactively identify operational risks/control deficiencies in the business.
• BS Engineering degree required; MBA or MS preferred.
• Prior related petroleum engineering experience; energy investment banking or A&D experience with active exploration and production company a plus.
• Majority of experience should be in reserves and evaluation, however, some operational exposure highly desired.
• Strong proficiency with evaluation software such as ARIES, PHDWin, Excel and Access required.
• Background in other analytical and evaluation software such as Spotfire, Petra, Crystal Ball, ArcGIS, Fekete Harmony, etc. a plus.
• Candidate must commercially oriented and understand the fundamentals of cash flow, economics and rate of return, as well as the ability to assess technical risk qualitatively as well as quantitatively.
• Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests.
• Ability to take initiative and function independently, balanced with strong teaming skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills – must be able to present and defend engineering analyses to large groups.
Qualified candidates should immediately submit a resume to:
J MAR & Associates