|Location||New York, United States|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
Petroleum Engineer Energy AD Investment Banking
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Citi’s Corporate & Investment Bank is seeking a Petroleum Engineering to join the Investment Banking’s Energy Acquisitions & Divestitures group. The Petroleum Engineer will be responsible for utilizing functional engineering competencies to execute, contribute and further develop existing and new business.
- High level of technical oil and gas engineering understanding and application
- Fundamentals of: PVT, material balance, well performance IPR/VLP, reservoir management, fluid flow through porous media Darcie’s Law, PTA/RTA, drilling & completions, and petrophysics basics
- Strong skills regarding the access and use of public data sources such as DI, IHS, and WoodMac.
- Familiarity or working knowledge with Aries or PHDwin along with 3rd party reserve reports & LOE analysis
- High level of economic understanding of producing and development field economics:
- Fundamentals of a discounted cash flow: capex, opex, discount rates, LOE, basis differential, price deck, rig schedules, type curve inputs, & economic limit
- Basin knowledge of North America’s major basins or at least a subset is very important.
- Responsible for technical evaluation of client oil & gas assets (including calculating reserves upside)
- Assist in coordination of the execution of mandates
- Writing the information memorandum’s technical portion with specific focus on:
- Base case supported by client provided data
- Upside based on technical evaluation of assets
- Attending internal and external project kick-off meetings as required
- Preparation of pre-marketing materials, data room information (based on client supplied data) and marketing of assets
- Marketing of oil and gas assets to potential buyers, including:
- Contribution to presentations to buyers
- Following up on Q&A from buyers
- Running and analysis of economic evaluations
- Assist with miscellaneous technical project related duties as required
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DUTIES:
- Attendance of pitch meetings
- Generate technical/subsurface engineering portions of pitch books
- Contributions to client portfolio analysis
- Assist with development of new business activities
A successful Petroleum Engineer candidate is a strategic thinker who is focused, eager, self-motivated, can operate with minimal supervision, is results oriented, displays initiative, and will have and/or embody the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum, Chemical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering
- 3-7 years of experience as Petroleum Engineer
- Unquestioned business ethics and personal integrity
- Strong work ethic and eye/attention to detail
- Superior communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Ability to professionally present to a senior executive audience
- Strong personal presence and credibility
- Be a consummate team player
- An individual who is responsive, communicates effectively, and receptive to constructive input from colleagues
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Banking
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 16041771