|Date Posted||October 8, 2017|
Prime Rock Energy Capital, LLC (“Prime Rock”) is an investment company with an entrepreneurial bent focused on acquiring high-quality oil and gas assets in North America and investing in game changing technologies for the oil and gas industry.
Prime Rock is expanding to the Middle East by starting a new entity in Egypt and is seeking Petroleum Engineers to join a fast-growing start-up raising $50M to invest in U.S. oil and gas.
The Petroleum Engineer will work as a member of the new entity’s core investment team providing vital technical analysis and engineering expertise for the team’s contemplated acquisitions.
- Perform comprehensive analyses of our targeted oil and gas reservoirs, including full geological review, decline curve analysis and operator analysis among others.
- Perform reservoir evaluation studies and calculate estimated EUR based on logging data, production history, and other techniques.
- Provide support and analysis on a deal by deal basis including analysis of existing wells, well spacing trends, off-take analysis, research permit activity and other offset activity that would impact our investment.
- Team up with Data scientist/Machine Learning Engineer to build and evaluate integrated predictive and decision models to be deployed in deals evaluation systems, or for research.
- Develop technical presentations to support investor relations and fundraising.
- Participate in committee, investor and fundraising meetings as needed to offer technical support.
- Fluent in English
- BSc degree in petroleum engineering with 1 – 5 years of experience in petroleum/reservoir engineering and reserve estimation.
- Advanced understanding of multistage fracturing for unconventional reservoirs.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong communication and collaborative skills.
- Thinking out of the box and being comfortable working in “grey” space.
- Egyptian / Egypt resident.
- MSc/PhD degree in petroleum engineering is preferred .
- Experience in unconventional hydrocarbon plays ( preferred, not required ).
- Broad knowledge in drilling, completions, and reservoir stimulation technologies.
- Advanced knowledge in multistage hydraulic fracturing.
- Knowledge in reservoir modelling/simulation.
- Familiarity with using most common PENG software, such as PETREL, SAPHIR, GOHFER, etc. and desire to continuously broaden skillsets.
- Experience using petroleum economics software such as ARIES or PHD-Win.
- Background in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) application will be a plus.
- Basic knowledge/minor degree in Finance will be a plus.
- Ability to analyze large data sets and statistics to make conclusions.
- Ability to effectively use the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of petroleum engineering; continue development of technical expertise and knowledge through experience and application.
- Creative thinker and problem solver with an aptitude for finding new ways to solve a problem.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and interest to explore ways help us make better investment decisions.
- Highly-motivated team player with a “whatever it takes” attitude who is willing to play a role in the entire deal process.
- Ultra-detailed and laser focused on the disciplined investment approach of the fund.
- Competitive USD salary and reward & recognition programs.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Healthcare coverage; medical, dental, vision.
- Gym/fitness benefits.
KEYWORDS : Petroleum Engineering, Data Science. Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Insights, R, Python, GIS, Finance.
Job Type: Full-time