|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||March 24, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Nexen is seeking a Houston based Petroleum Engineer as part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals in optimizing the production and resource recovery of existing and future development of OOGC’s Eagle Ford asset. OOGC America ("OOGC") is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited and an affiliate of Nexen, with offices in Houston. Reporting to the Asset Manager – Eagle Ford, the Petroleum Engineer will influence planning and the implementation of process improvements to increase efficiencies, in accordance with the short-term needs and long term goals of the Company’s partnership interest.
This position is not eligible for a cross-border transfer.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of optimizing recovery efficiencies, productivity and development costs through improving development design and application of new technology;
- Work with operating partner to provide engineering support to successfully deliver current and future operating plans;
- Identify and execute well optimization opportunities;
- Review maintenance and optimization programs and provide input to operating partner of joint venture;
- Ensure the appropriate standards and processes are adhered to and best practices are shared across the joint venture partnership;
- Work with operating partner to identify cost savings opportunities through reduction of material usage, rental costs and equipment consolidation;
- Work with partner to ensure operational and regulatory requirements are met or exceeded;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with Joint Venture Partners, regulatory bodies and industry peers external to the joint venture;
- Analyze production and expenditure trends to monitor variances and maintain economic targets;
- Optimize well production and cost to enhance well economics;
- Provide relevant technical support to business develop and acquisition decisions.
Education & Experience
- BSc in Petroleum Engineering preferably with a professional designation;
- Over 10 years of data analysis and development experience;
- Experience in Eagle Ford preferred;
- Strong technical knowledge or experience in both, horizontal and vertical wells;
- Experience in unconventional resources (Shale Gas or Shale Oil) is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of oilfield operations, including production and facility optimization and advanced data collection and analytic technologies;
- Able to work independently and within a small, multi-disciplinary team with limited technical support;
- Demonstrated history of positive teamwork and strong ability to contribute in a team environment;
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical skills.
Please submit a current resume to support your suitability for the position, by using the "Apply for Job" button on this posting prior to the closing date.
Hard copy resumes will only be accepted if you do not have access to the Intranet.
All internal applicants are required to discuss this opportunity with their manager/supervisor prior to applying. If you have any concerns with this, please contact your HR Manager prior to applying for the position.