|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2017|
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states – Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .
The Petroleum Engineer has three functional areas within the Energy Lending Department. The first and most important is to ensure that the technical evaluation of petroleum assets is accurate and of highest quality. The second area of management is to communicate results in a timely and professional manner to staff, clients and senior executive management. A third important function is to promote the interests of BOK Financial in the industry and community.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clearly presents data requirements to clients, persists in acquiring client information, and performs quality check input parameters in each engineering evaluation. Understands the business objectives of the clients in producing and developing oil and gas reserves through capital investments. Ensures the technical accuracy of both the input parameters and evaluation results. Reviews the summary results for realistic performance projections considering the client's past performance and historical experience factors. Utilizes the latest computer engineering evaluation programs (e.g. PHDWin, ARIES) to prepare economic projections and communicates with a thorough understanding of the results, including characterization of reserves based on different pricing scenarios associated with base case and sensitivity runs. Responds to various requests for production updates and re-pricing of economic evaluations. Provides 1-line economic summaries to be used by the bank’s legal team in preparing mortgages, and remain abreast of current industry technology advances.
- Communicates with a thorough understanding the results of reserve forecasting. Responds to various requests for updated reviews and roll forward analysis, in order to meet time deadlines for management reporting. Provides advice to senior management on risk level of project evaluations and their unique complexities and timing constraints. Serves as a reliable source of information for industry price trends, mergers, acquisitions, and other developments. Advises Executive Management and the clients of the Energy Lending Group on critical evaluation issues in addition to priority ranking and reasonable completion schedules, yielding the highest quality cash flow summaries in the timeliest manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of criteria, guidelines, regulations, daily operations activity and equipment associated with oil and gas operations
- Basic understanding of methods and requirements used in the valuation of producing and non-producing minerals and working interests
- General knowledge of petroleum engineering reserve evaluation programs, for examples, ARIES, PHDWin, OGRE and PowerTools
- Understanding of oil and gas data from commercial industry databases (e.g. IHS Energy) and form state regulatory bodies such as a Texas Railroad Commission and the Oklahoma Corporation Commission
- Knowledge of methods and requirements used in the valuation of producing properties and various ownership interests
- Knowledge of a variety of reservoir basins in the U.S. including the Gulf of Mexico
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the capability of independent though and action, and the ability to work with minimal supervision using sound judgment. Must have excellent people skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a competent and professional manner
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 2+ years work experience as a Petroleum Engineer.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and BOK Financial.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, M&A, Finance, Management