|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 13, 2016|
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Petroleum Engineer will assist senior management in evaluating the acquisition of mineral royalties and overriding royalty interests in various shale plays throughout the United States.
The primary objective of this position is to serve the Company’s mission by working closely with upper
management to identify economically feasible areas within given shale plays, and provide financial modeling, including production and decline projections which will be used in evaluating potential acquisitions.
- Recommends exploration and development opportunities through the evaluation of risk considerations.
- Conducts economic evaluations and forecasting on both a risked and unrisked basis for prospects, acquisitions and dispositions; continuously updates economic projections.
- Calculates reserves by volumetric, performance, and material balance methods.
- Forecasts future product sales and revenues related to reserve fields.
- Provide technical reporting on production and operations for current and new assets; including projections and decline curve analysis.
- Provide financial modeling and feasibility studies in conjunction with reservoir analysis.
- Works as a team with other senior management to develop presentations and reports of findings.
- Must have a senior and diverse knowledge of core petroleum engineering principles (including any of the following; reservoir flow properties, completion, well production performance, and reservoir modeling).
- Extensive knowledge of geological concepts, geophysics, and mapping techniques.
- Proficient in both deterministic and probabilistic reserve calculations.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and make decisions under time restrictions.
- Will be exposed to propriety information and must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a responsible, self-disciplined individual who has a high degree of integrity.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills to be able to correspond with clients, vendors, and employees via phone, email, and in person.
- Ability to research, interpret, and synthesize complex data and transform data into various charts, tables, graphs, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and excellent time management skills, allowing for pro-active planning and prioritization.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced office environment.
- Able to be flexible and adaptable to various work situations.
- Able to work in a team environment.