|Date Posted||December 12, 2016|
In this role you will be involved in the facilitation of sustainable exploration and development in the State and undertake technical assessments for all type of Petroleum tenures applications including but not limited to projects for exploration, production/development of petroleum, and pipeline and facilities licensing, as well as applications for geothermal exploration permits programs.
Job detailsJob type Temporary Full-time Occupational group Technical Classification PO4 Workplace Location Brisbane Inner City Job ad reference QLD/229456/16 Closing date 03-Jan-2017 Yearly salary $89321 - $96230 Fortnightly salary $3423.70 - $3688.50 Job duration Until 30 June 2017 with possible extension Contact person Ricardo Cardenas Contact details Ph: (07) 3199 8122
• Ensure up to date advice is provided to the Director and the Petroleum Engineer Team Leader to enable a proactive approach across Queensland resource development.
• Identify and analyse trends within the Queensland petroleum industry to understand their impacts on project development within Queensland.
• Review industry publications and prospectus information relating to Oil and Gas development, and provide advice thereon to management.
• Provide timely advice and input to relevant stakeholders on Environmental Impact Statements and Development Plans to optimise petroleum development opportunities.
• Ensure regular collection and publication of accurate data and statistics for the petroleum industry in Queensland.
• Liaise with petroleum clients and industry bodies to ensure effective partnerships between Government and all stakeholders, if instructed by the management.
• Support and represent the Department by presenting formal papers and participating and contributing to mineral and petroleum seminars, workshops, education initiatives, appropriate conferences and other industry forums.
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders including other government agencies, industry and public interest groups on geological concepts, minerals and petroleum development on behalf of the Department, if instructed by the management.
• Provide timely technical support and advice to Petroleum Engineering Team Leader, Director, Petroleum Registrars and other PAH team members.
• Provide petroleum engineering input into the assessment process for work programs, development plans and other operational requirements for petroleum and geothermal exploration, development tenures and related infrastructure for that resource.
• Improve the availability of the Department’s petroleum and geoscience products and services to customers and provide improved access to the inventory of the State resources by continuously contributing to the evaluation of the petroleum potential across Queensland and promote Petroleum and geoscience products and services at major industry events.
• Other duties as directed and required
Applications to remain current for twelve months
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.