|Date Posted||October 18, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
1. BASIC FUNCTION:
The incumbent will be responsible for project development in chemical IOR/EOR areas. The incumbent will design and implement projects in chemical evaluation, numerical simulation, tracer study, chemical synthesis, field application, surveillance and monitoring.
Report to Associate Director in RET. Work under the minimum direction.
Technically, the employee is responsible to EXPEC ARC in Dhahran. The job will use laboratory facilities (including tensiometer, densitometer, rheometer, core flooding equipment, chemical reactor, and others) and simulation software and hardware.
3. PRINCIPAL CONTACTS:
EXPEC Advance Research Center for research projects in daily basis, reservoir management for field information in monthly basis.
Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing University, and Petroleum University for technical collaborations as business needs.
4. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Develop department procedures, methods, and new techniques in Chemical EOR research studies as well as initiate new projects as business needs.
- Interpret and analyze lab data, issue technical reports.
- Conduct seminars, prepares manuals, and trains and develops Aramco engineers and operating personnel.
- Participate in technical societies and technical groups.
- Consider all safety related issues and address environmental impact issues to make decisions or develop recommendations.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Manager.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering (or equivalent) with 12 years of relevant research experience. Alternatively, 9 years’ experience for candidates with Master degree, or 7 years’ experience for Ph.D. candidates in above major.
- Must have more than 10 years applicable experience in the oil and gas industry, especially in IOR/EOR area, including advanced study experience.
- Must be able to lead one aspect in Chemical EOR research.
- Ability to interpret lab data and provide technical support for chemical EOR operations, including QA/QC, application of state-of-the-art technologies and troubleshooting.
- Familiar with PE software applications, including Matlab, CMG, Eclipse, UTChem, and Matlab.