|Date Posted||September 12, 2016|
Mid-Con Energy is seeking a Petroleum Engineer for its Abilene Office. This position will be responsible for all production operations associated with the Eastern Shelf field office. The position will perform field studies to identify opportunities for increasing production, working closely with Geologist and Production Superintendent to add reserves through workovers, development drilling, and improved recovery projects. This position assists with annual budgeting and reserves documentation.
- Prefer a minimum of ten years of relevant experience in the upstream oil and gas industry, experience with West and Central West Texas a plus.
- Solid grasp of reservoir engineering fundamentals to assist with the assessment and value of future acquisitions
- Proficiency with engineering software such as Aries, Petra and IHS Enerdeq.
- Must be proficient with all stimulation practices for the completion of oil and gas wells along with other field operations associated with the production of oil and gas.
- BS in petroleum engineering is preferred but will consider strong candidates with engineering degrees in other disciplines.
- The applicant must have excellent interpersonal skills and be a strong team player who is willing and able to work in a fast-paced environment.