|Date Posted||August 17, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
Prime Rock Energy Capital, LLC (“Prime Rock”) is an investment company with an entrepreneurial bent focused on acquiring high-quality oil and gas assets in North America and investing in game changing technologies for the oil and gas industry.
Prime Rock is an affiliate of Preferred Sands, a leading provider of innovative technologies that set the standards for well production, efficiency, and sustainability within the hydraulic fracturing industry. Preferred’s innovative proppant technology solutions include Preferred Polymeric Proppants, the most advanced downhole coated proppant technology designed for maximum production efficiency, FloPRO PTT®, proppant transport technology designed for superior proppant distribution and increased production, and DustPRO™, the first dust prevention technology designed to reduce airborne particles during all sand transfer points. These pioneering product developments have earned preferred recognition as a world leader in innovative and sustainable technologies throughout the oil and gas, chemical, and technology industries.
The Petroleum Engineer will work remotely as a member of Prime Rock’s core investment team providing vital technical analysis and engineering expertise for the team’s contemplated acquisitions.
- Perform comprehensive analyses of our targeted oil and gas reservoirs, including full geological review, decline curve analysis and operator analysis among others.
- Perform reservoir evaluation studies and calculate estimated EUR based on logging data, production history, other techniques
- Provide support and analysis on a deal by deal basis including analysis of existing wells, well spacing trends, off-take analysis, research permit activity and other offset activity that would impact our investment.
- Develop technical presentations to support investor relations and fundraising
- Participate in committee, investor and fundraising meetings as needed to offer technical support.
- Fluent in English
- BSc degree in petroleum engineering with 2 – 5 years of experience in reservoir engineering and reserve estimation
- Advanced understanding of multistage fracturing for unconventional reservoirs
- MSc/PhD degree in petroleum engineering is preferred
- Experience in unconventional hydrocarbon plays (preferred, not required)
- Broad knowledge in drilling, completions, and reservoir stimulation technologies
- Advanced knowledge in hydraulic fracturing
- Ability to analyze large data sets and statistics to make conclusions
- Ability to effectively use the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of petroleum engineering; continue development of technical expertise and knowledge through experience and application
- Creative thinker and problem solver with an aptitude for finding new ways to solve a problem
- Strong intellectual curiosity and interest to explore ways help us make better investment decisions
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Highly-motivated team player with a “whatever it takes” attitude who is willing to play a role in the entire deal process
- Ultra-detailed and laser focused on the disciplined investment approach of the fund