|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||August 27, 2017|
The Operations Geologist role is located in Midland, Texas working with the Delaware Basin Execution team. Anadarko is seeking an Operations Geologist who will provides technical guidance, analysis, interpretation, and documentation of all aspects of geologic operations to help achieve drilling and evaluation goals in a cost-effective manner. Applies geoscientific and technical knowledge and experience to address operational challenges and geotechnical concerns. Serves as a geo-technical advisor, service coordinator, and regional point of contact for service providers, asset teams, technology, and drilling groups to ensure interdisciplinary communication to improve reservoir characterization and field development efforts.
- Entry-level candidate desired with prior experience Geosteering wells.
- Unconventional shale experience preferred, with Operations experience preferred.
- Experience utilizing Geoscience Interpretation and Geo-steering Software, including, but not limited to: DecisionSpace, Petra or SES
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Utilizing log data to build and maintain operational maps (structure, Isopach, etc€¦) and cross-sections used to identify geo-hazards, anticipate formation tops, select casing points, and generate target lines.
- Generation and finalization of Geologic Prognoses for horizontal wells including defined logging programs, estimated formation tops, and an initial target line.
- Facilitation of pre-spud meetings using maps and cross-sections built to discuss geo-hazards, casing points, logging program, coring points and horizontal target lines.
- Coordination and rig-site management of mud logging, LWD, wireline logging, coring or any other non-standard formation evaluation based services. Includes trips to the field in order to be on-location for non-standard operations.
- 24/7 Geosteering and operations coverage - Interprets and integrates near real-time MWD and surveys data with geologic models to provided Geosteering guidance to the drilling team (including field personnel) and subsurface team.
- Communicates Geosteering interpretations and changes to the greater team and rig personnel to insure optimal wellbore placement.
- Creation, dissemination, and archival of well TD reports.
- Quality control of all MWD, LWD and wireline data to ensure data validity and appropriate archival.
- Coordination with all subgroups critical to well operations (including but not limited to: Drilling, Subsurface Team, Land, etc.)
- Any additional operational oriented tasks that require geological input and assistance.
B.A. or B.S. Degree in geoscience, related area of study or 5 years of working experience in related field.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
Travel will be required up to 20%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
See Job Description